Search the forum,

Discuss Triancogas its old and its cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big ask but now the weathers turned getting a plumber out im bottom of the list ringing up.

House is 1930s ive been here for nearly 10 years, im guessing the boiler is around 20 years old,
yes we need a new combi in the ideal world but the house is sold pending we find something.

The boiler will fire no problem with just the hotwater on but once the heating is turned on the after around 10 minutes of
the radiators getting luke warm the boiler will click and the pilot will go out.

Ive replaced the thermocouple myself as this has gone before and i think its just wear and tear.

My very wide guess is some kind of overheat switch or just a build up of gunk in the system.

A general question if there might be anything i can try but im guessing most people in the know will be busy.

Couple of random pictures to explain -
I6L3XbCp

Boiler 2.jpg

Pilot light shouldn't go out even if it overheats

Best option get a gas engineer in

Thanks, would a blockage or failing pump shut the boiler down (turn the pilot light off).

Ive tried over 15 local plumbers, 2 have visited and scratched their heads. The boiler was older than them...

No it won't

I don't like suggesting this but have you tried bg ?

Thanks, would a blockage or failing pump shut the boiler down (turn the pilot light off).

Ive tried over 15 local plumbers, 2 have visited and scratched their heads. The boiler was older than them...
Go for one that has been recommended to you. By friends or family. You have to be Gas Safe registered to work on a boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Triancogas its old and its cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock