Search the forum,

Discuss Trianco Eurostar oil boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys, I've got a customer who is having problems with there boiler.
The symptoms so far the boiler isn't coming Through the programmer. The electrics are all good so it's not that. the customer is having to press the button to start the boiler.

Could this be early signs of the capacitor on its way out? As it's not having enough power to start?

hi guys, I've got a customer who is having problems with there boiler.
The symptoms so far the boiler isn't coming Through the programmer. The electrics are all good so it's not that. the customer is having to press the button to start the boiler.

Could this be early signs of the capacitor on its way out? As it's not having enough power to start?

This could be a hundred and one things.
It needs investigating. If you mean the lock out reset, tell them not to keep using it.
You need to go listen to it and hear when it locks out.
That will put you on the right track.
Don't guess. All things can be tested and diagnosed.
Do you know the sequence ?
Have you any experience on oil Burners Inverness?

I've gain my oftec ticket last month.im still learning. I had a quick look at it and nozzel and electrodes were all sooted up. The boiler wasn't getting enough air supply due to a builder installed a metal plate near the Terminal.
im going to service it this week and then see how it performs after that's done.

What pressure were you getting on the pump?
And what co2 reading are you getting?

I haven't serviced it yet. But I did notice there was soot inside the control box and electrodes were sooted too. A lack of air supply?

I'm I correct the sequence
Motor& fan start,spark.coil energises then ignition.

Firstly you have got to consider -
Is the boiler actually failing on first start up???
(Often people say their oil boiler doesn’t start in morning, but it actually has gone to lockout unknown to them during previous cycle.)
If it is on start up only, then faulty nozzle or dirt/blockage or air/fuel mix, or capacitor will be some things to check.
Don’t touch a burner without finally using oil pressure gauge and analyser on flue gases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trianco Eurostar oil boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock