Search the forum,

Discuss Trevi boost shower mixer, hot water flow only. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Our shower only gives out hot water. The volume control works fine but the temp control turns fully both ways without any cooling effect. A plumber has tested and said that cold water is reaching the mixer ok,( the separate bath mixer tap below works fine with hot and cold ). The plumber said it was the cartridge and said he would order the part, did he mean the half inch cartridge part 096164800 or did he mean the booster cartridge, I have been unable to contact him since.
Thanks
Ray.

Probably the thermostatic cartridge, from your description (albeit a tad vague) sounds like the shower isn’t mixing the hot and cold water to the desired temperate.

Reply to Trevi boost shower mixer, hot water flow only. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the cylinder? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock