Search the forum,

Discuss Trevi boost shower issue ad overflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

I have recently had an issue with my trevi boost shower, basically i have a very limited flow of water which does get hot but only trickles from the shower head. I removed the boost cartridge which seems like a sealed unit and placed it back in position. If i now switch it on i get no hot water out of the upstairs taps (downstairs ok) or the shower head but i'm now getting water out of the loft overflow (Large plastic tank in the loft). it seems somehow that water is being forced upwards into the tank. I initially thought of a coil issue in the immersion tank but this has only started since i removed the Boost Cartridge

Any ideas

Isn’t the Trevi Boost a Venturi shower I seem to remember?
I suspect the mains fed cold side is back feeding up the hot supply pipe. The non- return valve in the hot side is not working or missing.
Hi thanks for the supply

I have a gate valve in the loft on the 22mm hot supply to the shower is this what you are possibly referring to?/

If there really isn’t one, which I’m pretty sure there must be, then try adding a non return valve in the hot supply pipework as near to the shower as you can

Hi Ben-gee, there is mixer on one side which seems to be ok and a venturi boost cartridge on the other. All i have done is remove and re install the boost cartridge. Apologies for the constant questions but just trying to understand the need to put a non return valve in when there never was on, it may be the answer but it worked previously

The need for an nrv is precisely the symptoms you stated in your first post.
I’m not too familiar with your particular shower, but most NRVs are small white plastic discs with a spring loaded centre, usually fitted at the point the valve connects to the pipework.
They are inside the brass casting and you won’t see it unless you remove the valve from the pipework

Hi Ben-gee
Thanks for the reply, only just got back after working away, followed the hot water supply back from the gate valve back to the top of the Immersion tank in the airing cupboard, no non return valve inline. On the cold supply there is one on the shower side of the stopcock which is directly above the shower in the loft

If you’re not going to read my posts I won’t bother helping any more.
I do read your posts, i have said i have looked for a non return valve and only found one on the cold supply, as its looks like the cold supply pushing the hot back (mains v gravity) i was hoping to solve the problem by finding a faulty valve on the hot side which is not there, the Trevi boost shower has no internal non return valve

I do read your posts, i have said i have looked for a non return valve and only found one on the cold supply, as its looks like the cold supply pushing the hot back (mains v gravity) i was hoping to solve the problem by finding a faulty valve on the hot side which is not there, the Trevi boost shower has no internal non return valve
If there never was a non return valve on the hot i'm trying to understand why this issue has occurred, it may well need one but this issue has never been a problem in the past

Ok . Well if there is no nrv and never has been and it used to work fine : the only thing I can think of is that there is an o- ring in the body of the valve that prevents the crossover of cold to hot which you are now experiencing. Is it possible this was misplaced/moved/ damaged not greased up when you replaced the cartridge?

Reply to Trevi boost shower issue ad overflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock