Search the forum,

Discuss Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baz

Hi All
This is my first posting on the Forum, so I was hoping for some advice from people who have been where I am now.
I went for an interview at BTSC in Chessington and have been offered a place.
Is this the best way for me to get into plumbing.
I can get my hands on the coarse fees (£4850) and would prefer to do it as quickly as I will not be earning until I have completed the course.
Then I hope to get a job with a plumbing compny in my area (Herts) And eventually set up on my own.
All advice or tips would be great.
Thanks

Hello Mate,

I too am from Herts, I have completed my C&G 6129, but employers are unlikeley to take you on with just the 6129 Tech Cert. This is just the begining. After which you need to be assessed on site during work placements which will cost more money to achieve your NVQ Level 2. Even with this Plumbing firms are unlikely to employ you / us as we have no real experience, and I have found that employers are more interested in experience over qualifications.

I have my work placements sorted over the next few months to achieve the NVQ 2 but even then I am unsure as to what to do once ive got it because as mentioned before I am having people turning me away even when offerring to work for free to gain some experience!

Dont mean to put you off mate, but its a lot of money to shell out if you are under the impression that you will gain employment as a Plumber after a few months to gain your 6129.

I'd say definately go for it, but go with a College if you can or find somewhere that isnt so much money just for a 6129 Tech Cert! It took me 2 years to complete mine at my local college but it only cost me £500.

Dont let me put you off, its your decision and money at the end of the day.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock