Search the forum,

Discuss Trainee Plumber/ Mate - Looking for experience/work in Norfolk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamesyboy

Hi are there any Plumbers in Norfolk who need a trainee plumber/mate? I am 31 years of age, have completed my City & Guilds Level 2 Plumbing and will have completed my Level 3 next month. To date I have written and phoned numerous Plumbing companies seeking work experience and have had no luck. I am sensible, fast learning and honest. I have my own transport and am building up my own tool kit. I have passed my CSCS test. I am willing to work for low rates of pay or for free and will pay for my own personal public liability insurance if necessary.

Thanks
Adam

Hello Adam,:welcome:to the forum.
keep contacting firms near to you and hopefully you will get a positive reply.
you could also try getting a bit of plumbing work yourself, probably friends and family then call someone in to assist you (paid), and build up a working relationship.

Hi I'm looking for a plumber in or around watton Norfolk who will put in my new bath sink and loo in same place as old one just changing colour from peach to white have all bits it's like for like so shouldn't take long at all simple job if you know what your doing ifinterested cash in hand and live local please message me
And if you can do tiling then there will be that avalible too i have everything to do job just need plumber and his tools

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Fifi, none of us on this forum do 'cash in hand' jobs.
I couldn't live with myself knowing that I'd cheated the exchequer...

My accountant gave me this advice about cash jobs as most of our jobs are domestic customers paying with notes:
"Just in case the temptation arises,I guarantee you that you are not smart enough to outsmart the Tax Man. Invoice/receipt every job to every customer and make sure I see everything. If they want a 'cash' price give them one then get it in your invoice book and a receipt to customer. If they don't want a receipt, fine that's their choice but I still want to see the job in your books".
He was very serious and I don't doubt his assessment about my lack of smartness. I don't need the hassle of a two bit job undoing my whole business and I'm paying good money for him to do his job. Everything gets invoiced/receipt. Customers who pursue the cash in hand no receipt route get the same price and I just write the stuff out in the van. I guess they think its them and me against the system but it isn't. I'd be the only one to suffer. I guess the penalties are even worse if Vat is involved?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

hi fifi im from near watton could help you out for free

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello josh, are you still looking for plumbing work in Norfolk ? I have a little project that will cover most aspects and should be fun ! if you are interested please get in touch. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trainee Plumber/ Mate - Looking for experience/work in Norfolk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock