Search the forum,

Discuss Train4Tradeskill pre attendence test. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too got stuck with the pre attendance test. I eventually wrote them a letter stating that the test was not mentioned on my enrolment interview and that I had not received any "notice" of them being introduced to my course. I simply asked if I could skip it and I received a phone call saying "I could". This was so I could get onto weeks 5 and 6. On attending week 5 at ERR Featherstone I was told the test was written by one of ERRs Managers. It has nothing to do with the City and Guilds qualification. I was also told that ERR and Trade4trade skills are "sister" companies. I am currently seeking legal action against Trade4Trade as it has taken me 3 years to complete part 2 plumbing and have been told my course has expired. This is due to months of waiting at a time to get into the training centre and that damn test. Been told it will be a further 2 years to pass part three despite them setting a 3 year deadline for the whole lot. I wrote them a letter threatening legal action etc. and received a phone call saying I could have a 2 year extension. But with their track record so far I'm not sure I'm up for it. Considering a local college for part 3 as I'm sure it will be more reliable, and suing train4trade for failure to deliver their goods.

It can be done but the questions are VERY Ambiguous and they might have been written by a four year old....... I hve done this test and therefore CAN post this statement T4TS!!!

As far as I'm aware, not too long ago all tests tended to be open book,all were allowed to take books to exams with them to look up answers, although that may not be the case with T4TS.

The problem is exactly as you've highlighted these tests are written by someone with a very poor grasp of English, or are deliberately set out in such a manner as to confuse.
Then there's the test percentage split: where a test might be split into 3 sections: One could get 33% percent on sections one and two,a total of 66% but let's say for arguments sake 20% on percent on section three. If memory servers from past conversations that total of 86% is a fail.

I've seen these test discs and they are abysmal.

Last edited:
I have just passed the infernal exam & they actually send you your answers back if you have done the paper based one. So I have the answers.......:cool4:
pm me
Hi, could you help me out with the pre-attendance test questions please?

been trying to get these done for months.

I've tried to send you a pm Robin89 but, it says you have exceeded your stored private message quota and need to delete some before receiving any new ones.

How's everything going

Hi, how is everyone getting on with the paper based pre attendance test? I've been doing it for hours and don't seem to be getting far. I completed the online tests and honestly think I should have passed, I took a screen shot of each question each time round and then before each test researched and had the correct answers. Therefore I'm sure I had all the answers correct, give or take one or two. Seems a bit like a stalling tactic.... Has anyone got the answers for the paper based test as there are a number of sections that I am stuck on!! Thank in advice for any help.

hi evry one am new here, I need help somebody pls help....I did d online test and failed 4 times and now I was giving detached house refurbishment question and I don't knw wat to do especially the first three task... I have done the other questions...plsssssssss someone helllllpppppp

Welcome. Give us some questions like the detached one and we'll try our best to keep helping.
This course gives you time. What level are you doing in plumbing and how long

Hi Spanner, I have a few questions I wonder if you could try and help with....
1) Task 2 - Identify what would be contained in the attached method statement for the work detailed in task iii) above, the drilling of the holes in the plasterboard ceiling? - I've never completed a method statement so have no idea what to do... Looks exactly the same as a risk assessment to me? But as I said I've never completed one so not sure what it is asking! It says I have to list "Hazardous Task/Risk" and the "Method of control".
2) Near the back, Task 7, about COSHH. I have to find the 'Classification numbers for Risk phrases and safety phrases'. I can't seem to find this anywhere on the HSE website but found these on wikipedia (not a great source I know!).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_R-phrases
The second is the same URL but 'List_of_S-phrases' at the end.
I wondered if you knew if these were the correct sort of classification numbers they are after?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Look it's all the same title. Ok a method statement is what's discussed or a light briefing of the task

Ok let's say you have to drill through flooring joists.
Obviously what would be discussed like drilling and the depths 1/4 of the dept and with minimum 3 hole sizes apart.
But all this is what a "method statement COSHH briefing toolbox talk"
Before carrying out the task these permissions are to be carried out to assure you know that you are not going to be in any danger to yourself or any one else..

And the task can be carried out safely from start to finish and with everything in place and whoever notified. Well how was that. Fire away with more questions

O man i actually thought i was doing something with my life when i enrolled for this course, o lord why do you torment me like this!! its all about cash! and now i am in debt for ÂŁ5000+ ha ha
poor get poorer and rich just gets god damn greedy! thank you lord!

stuff capitalism,communism is the way forward!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm stuck at the pre attendence test wint detachet house for more than two months. honestly I can not get off to him because he does not think it is relevant what they ask in this test, then I really have no idea what they want. I kindly ask if someone kindly help me with pre test, even as examples or ideasabout I would be very grateful.

Please read the many threads regarding these very expensive courses which are frankly run to make money for the college with very poor outcomes, in many cases ,for the students.I am puzzled people are struggling on pre - attendance tests,surely the aim is to get students on the course and collect the cash.If these tests are a problem real plumbing regulations and calculations will be a nightmare.

Hey there Guy's, I have not been on here in ages... Well I can tell you the so called pre attendance test is to stall and delay you and then push you closer towards the 3 year time limit that is imposed...

I have been investigating this company and group of companies for about 2 years now and have a solicitor dealing with them now... Should be getting my money back soon... If you want to know how just shoot an email to [email protected] and we will try and mail you back within a few days

Please do not despair if your at your wit''s end there IS A SOLUTION.....

I know this is a pretty old thread now but guess what I also fell for the sales pitch and I have very little time to mess around with trying to get out of it so I though tI would just suck it up and plough through.

Failed the online test just like many of you and now I have in my hand the ridiculous test that I am pretty sure is going to be the end of me.

I have no idea how to answer these questions, being servery dyxlesic I struggle massivily with learning, I was told i would get all the support i needed from tutors which of course was a lie.

So i pose to you guys the same question i asked my tutor.

I seriously do not understand this test you have sent me.

"move an extension ladder which is secured to racking on top of the van and extend it ready for use on the outside wall"

am i supposed to be making up hazards such as it could crush me if I if don't have two people or bungee cords are holding the ladder in place I could accidentally take my eye out if one slips.

or am i literally supposed to put things like,

ladder is not damaged, no risk of injury, low level risk safety inspection done, no further controls needed, review risk assessment next time of use.

ladder is placed against solid surface, risk of injury fall, medium risk, safety inspection done, further control having another person have their foot on the bottom rung, review next time of use.

its question one and I've been on it all day!!!! I have searched the hse website, google, youtube, I have no answer for this.

I am never going to finish this course.

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer my question I know it seems stupid but unfortunately I am a practical learner and doing things like this on paper cause me so much hassle and grief its unreal.

Thanks Again in advance guys and girls.
Ed

weight of ladder, overhead hazzords , people/ public behind you etc

Is it meant to be doing a risk assessment?? Then answer is as above..!
Must say I did my level 2 plumbing 6129 with T4t. And I'm so happy that I have the practical experience. But over the years finding time to do modules on line isn't really easy if you are making a new career from scratch what I would recommend is doing as much practical as you read as possible and use the theory. Hope you find the way to the top. Best of luck mate

Risk assessment, risk of injury when removing from van, people around you. Tie off ladder to wall, 3 points of contact on ladder at all times......
The most useful book for this course is the The City & Guilds Textbook: Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies (6035) or equivilant. basically, then teach you from their books but all the exams, tests, and paperwork signed in assessments and based on C&G.
Get this book !
Andy

I try to find out but clear answer did not find. Can you guys help me.

Statement 1
The same emergency fire requirements apply to both a building site and a building has been completed and is occupied.

Statement 2
If a site will be occupied during the hours of darkness and a scaffold is designated as an emergency escape route, emergency lighting will be required on the scaffolding

a) Both statements are incorrect
b) Both statement are correct
c) Statement 1 is true and statement 2 is incorrect
d) Statement 2 is correct and is the result of applying statement 1

Hi, guys.

Maybe I have got a language barrier but I am questioned. In this context SMOKE means second hand smoke or any smoke.

Statement 2
To protect workers from the effects of smoke a separate smoking area must be provided for smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train4Tradeskill pre attendence test. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock