Search the forum,

Discuss train 4 trade skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iconn67

Has anyone else bone the Domestic renewable resource engineering course? and if so are you as psd off as i am. ive just received the paper version of the pre attendance test after failing the on-line test 3 time's with no feed back, no idea what the pass rate is or where i went wrong.:willy_nilly:

yeah it was very easy just tick abc or d,it was just questions on basic site safety signs fire extingushers,riddor and stuff,

Don't you have to sit it 4 times before you get sent the paper version?
Is the "domestic house" scenario they have sent or have they a new one?

How much is the course and do you do all training on computer at your own home

Hi Roaxha
Best to contact them firectly for a price
- Yes, approx 50 modules plus a "scenario CD" to work through at home
- 6 weeks practical to complete, normally in 2 week slots

BE HESITANT
- It gives you text but not practical really....
- There are lots of providers, shop around
- Do NOT believe any hype about massive earnings in 12 months after completion, all self employed businesses take years to establish
- the finance agreement will be with Barclays or similar and NOT with T4TS, so regardless of your course progress this money will still come out every month.

If you are currently in work, but looking for a back up or options then look by all means. If you have the flexibility to do an evening/day release college course that would have been my preferred route, maybe even a 6 week intensive course.....

Hope it helps
Andy

Icon I feel your pain and frustration as I myself am now in the same predicament. Dodgy is all I can think about and after the 4th failure and many a late hour studying between my job and personal commitments find myself now being sent a written test which is 10x more time consuming. I've requested my results only to get the reply that they don't have them as they are automatically sent to HSE. So how do they know I failed?? Surely if their answer is true then the HSE still would've given them the results :mad2: The woman I spoke to from t4ts also couldn't (or wouldn't) give me any contact details of how to get a hold of the results from HSE.

I don't know what Health and Safety test Jim Fennessey did, but it definitely wasn't the one I've tried. There's nothing basic about it! I've done basic Health and Safety years ago when working as a plasterer and to acquire a CSCS card. That was BASIC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to train 4 trade skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
thanks for letting me join In this forum, I have been in the building trade for the last 18 years, in various roles, the last being a building site manager, getting nowhere with regards to training and career development with the company I was with, I decided to go off on my own last year, I...
Replies
Views
I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps just one person. I came to plumbing late in life and went on a course that you qualify in 10 weeks. I was hit with all the negativity that no one...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First post here, so please be kind! I am currently having a lot of trouble with air and related noise in my open vented heating system. Long story, with lots of things tried already, so please bear with me… Firstly, a photo of the heart of the system in the garage as it is today (lots...
Replies
Views
I've been lurking for a while so thought i'd say hello and ask my first question! I'm due to retire in 18 months, i'm currently 47 and would like to retrain as a plumber.. I know that the career change thing and fast track 6 week course has been done to death so apologies. I'm fortunate...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock