1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Traditional Mixer Shower Problem in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. dilligaf

dilligaf New Member

Can someone tell me why is it that when I hand tighten the shower hose at the tap end side of things the water flows poorly but when I very slightly unscrew it the water comes out faster?
    There is no kind of restrictor/regulator at all in there and the rubber o ring seal is absolutely fine. Also the hose its self is fairly new so this is a real mystery to me.
    Anyone who can shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. RayW

RayW Member

Is the hose a spiral stainless steel one? If so the water is carried through a plastic tube on the inside. That final tightening twist may be putting a kink into the tube and restricting the flow. The kink would not be visible on the external spiral.

• Like Like x 2
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf New Member

Just realised someone replied to me thank you. Yes it has the spiral on the outside and tube on the inside but I'm pretty sure its not kinked in anyway but I will double check...