Search the forum,

Discuss Towel Rad Inadequate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My question is, are the upright radiators efficient or are they as much use as a towel rail for heating.

Towel rails are only a few rails, so little surface to them, therefore low output. Also chrome type will lower the potential output.
Then largely cover them with a couple of towels and you prevent the convection.
Vertical radiators are different and are proper radiators.

Towel rails are only a few rails, so little surface to them, therefore low output. Also chrome type will lower the potential output.
Then largely cover them with a couple of towels and you prevent the convection.
Vertical radiators are different and are proper radiators.
Many thanks for your reply. I will get a proper radiator fitted with a towel shelf/rack above, so no wet towels on the rad.

The Zehnder radiators mentioned above do just that. The towels go over the top part of the radiating panels leaving lots of exposed surface to heat the bathroom

3400mm X 2120mm, there are two external walls, one window and a tiled floor.
What height is the room?
Is this a Wooden floor, (I know it is tiled).
Is the room upstairs?
If it is upstairs is there a loft above it which is insulated or is there a room or heated space above it?
What temperature do you have your Boiler set to?

Reply to Towel Rad Inadequate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a sealed system with 18 Rads/towel rads which is run by a greenstar boiler with a sealed hot water tank. I'm using a tado thermostat and the Pump is a 15/50 Groundfos. The issue is there are two radiators that are cold. So I closed down every radiator except for these two, apart...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I re done my house 2/3 years ago and had all my radiators taken out on the lower floor, changed to wet underfloor instead. 2 zones. 2 manifolds. As I was doing quite a bit, I’d decided to exchange the two 15 year old boilers with a pair of new ones. Vitodens 100w 35kw open vent...
Replies
Views
Hi All! Bought a house recently, and we have been having the most frustrating issue with a very loud humming noise that intermittently comes and goes in our pipework. Have had a plumber around to check the issue to no avail so far, unfortunately. We have an Ideal Logic+ c35 combi boiler. System...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock