Search the forum,

Discuss Totally Confused - Sink plumbing fixtures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I have been having quite a lot of blockage issues with the sink waste pipe and so decided to take the waste pipe to the drain outside. So i got my DIY hat on and purchased a core drill to make the whole in the wall to feed the waste pipe out. It was a learning curve but finally managed to get it done.

Then I had to figure out how to add to the sink/waste pipe in order to add an additional pipe to feed the waste pipe outside. The setup at the moment is this;

Two sinks => connects to U-Bend => connects to waste pipe which goes around the kitchen and out of the main waste pipe.

I wanted the existing waste pipe to still have a connection as the washing machine and dish washer is connected to it and thought if it ever gets block on the normal one, it can still come out from the "new" waste pipe.

OK cut the story short, I am totally confused on which connection to use. I bought the Push Fit Tee but it doesnt seem to connect to the existing pipes. Can someone please help me to understand this and advise what I will need. I understand for the pipes that lead outside as its simple, but its more about the bendy stuff that has me confused. I have attached some photos. I should have taken a photo when the U-Bend was attached and then the other pipe that leads to the waste pipe but i forgot. I will taken individual photos of them. I confused on which fitting to use where.
20190115_204051.jpg
20190115_231007.jpg
20190115_231014.jpg
20190115_231043.jpg

Sorry to say it mate but that looks a right dogs dinner. Your water trap is surely going to be below your hole out the wall??? Maybe it’s the angle of the pic?

i would say the bend attaches to the t piece then the 90° attaches to the bend to take you to the wall pipe. I don’t see how you’re going to stop smells coming up the old pipe though

Sorry to say it mate but that looks a right dogs dinner. Your water trap is surely going to be below your hole out the wall??? Maybe it’s the angle of the pic?
lol yeah it is a bit of a dogs dinner. i was thinking of doing the trap outside?

my problem is on finding which fittings goes where, i was wondering if there is some information on the different fittings/fixtures and how they connect to each other.

Also, i would really appreciate it if someone can tell me what is the name of the Tee in the photo. I dont think it is a Push Fit because the one i bought is different (at least the bottom connector in the photo).

Last edited:
Tee is a compression tee but I think it’s part of a waste trap. Don’t do trap outside it’s standing water and will freeze. I’ve said how the bits go together

Reply to Totally Confused - Sink plumbing fixtures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock