Search the forum,

Discuss torque adjustable wrench, as a plumbing tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, ever heard of one of these?
Does anybody use one?
upload_2017-5-3_11-56-32.jpeg

I use a torque wrench every now and then but it's more like a socket set than that adjustable. I have two different types.
Why do you ask ?

I own 3 torque wrenches and ive never used one for plumbing work.

only usually need anything like that on flanges and then just do em up FT

I use a torque wrench every now and then but it's more like a socket set than that adjustable. I have two different types.
Why do you ask ?
Fella I did a job for- architect, wanted me to use it on uponor fittings... just seemed bit ott!

Fella I did a job for- architect, wanted me to use it on uponor fittings... just seemed bit ott!

That is odd. Never used one on plumbing before, not even commercial stuff. I know when something's tight enough without one, like most Engineers.

Last time I used one, it was to prove a point and settle a slight disagreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to torque adjustable wrench, as a plumbing tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Plumbing tools are essential for anyone doing their plumbing job. We also have tool talk on the Tilers Forum here and we have Electricians tool chat here!
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope to adjust the shower mixer tap temperature by adjusting the physical device regulator, that goes by several names/terms. I have experience of this with sink/basin mixer taps and that was straight forward. I have attached four images and seek assistance to identify what they are. Some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on the other side I noticed a blank top with no valve or peg sticking out that allows you to turn on or off (see pictures). I checked the other rads in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, What does the summer/winter dial do on a tank less gas geyser? Should you adjust it or leave it on one mode or adjust it according to seasons? Any info would be great thanks.
Replies
Views
I have a SIP space heater and fitted a new matching spec oil nozzle as part of a service on it. I wanted to check the pump pressure with the new nozzle and its difficult to be sure what port to connect to. And that these pumps are definitely adjustable! I turned an Allen screw which is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock