Search the forum,

Discuss Tool to siphon the last bit of water out of cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NGduffin

Hi, as the title says I'm looking for a tool, something like a hand pump, just to get the last bit of water out a cistern. I remember a plumber I worked with once had
a high pressure plunger like a big syringe so when submerged and the handle pulled it sucked water and held it. I wondered if any of the big diy stores sold them as I could do with one tomorrow.

Thanks all

31YSdalsObL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have one of these, under a fiver from motor accessary shop.

Bucket and a bit of hose if I can't be bothered getting the wet vac out.

OR

lots of towels and pull out the inlet valve, I don't do this, unless the floor is tiled:devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Manometer tube into pan and a good old suck, or a decent tilers sponge. Had one of those hand pump siphons, lasted 2 mins.

You could get one of those tools they use for testing car battery's the one they stick in the holes and squeeze the rubber bulb on top and sucks the liquid out no idea what it's called

Which cistern are we talking about here?

two bloody pages on how to get the last drops out of a cistern ffs as anyone heard the word 'ingenuity' ? or the term ' use ya noggin '

manometer tube you could fill a van with gadgets best to use whats available one end in cisten quick suck and drop into pan

Sponge is the easiest way. Flush the loo, and get ris of what you can, and use a sponge for the rest. Or the wet vac if you really can't spill a drop.

I tried the manometer tube method, and it takes ages.

Only time I syphon is on high level toilets, a sponge is a lot quicker

dont forget gloves for the blue loos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just loosen the float operated valve and hold a bucket under it.

flush toilet, disconnect all connections, lift toilet out and pour down toilet (if in rush and cant be bothered with wet vac)

dont take connection off as doesnt go in bucket, it leaks everywhere
dont use sponge or any other contraption as takes too long and never find it in van and it will break when rattling round the van!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tool to siphon the last bit of water out of cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock