Search the forum,

Discuss Tool advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of the lot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 98
what do you use your impact driver for mostly ?

anything and everything, hanging rads, boilers, rad tails- got a trv tail driver bit for it(real time saver), noggins, clips, pretty much anything that involves a screw. I work on new builds mostly but i know they can be a bit loud when working in occupied premises especially if its late.

anything and everything, hanging rads, boilers, rad tails- got a trv tail driver bit for it(real time saver), noggins, clips, pretty much anything that involves a screw. I work on new builds mostly but i know they can be a bit loud when working in occupied premises especially if its late.
thought that's what you were talking about. My boss doesn't let me use impact drivers for anything as he says they are too rough

thought that's what you were talking about. My boss doesn't let me use impact drivers for anything as he says they are too rough

Depends how you use them. On ordinary pozidrive screw heads they can be rough, but so can a combi drill. Use the correct and unworn bit for a start. Also you can get an impact driver that has 3 different speed/torque settings & can be as gentle as a normal cordless drill.
Excellent for driving in thunderbolts or coach screws.
Impact drivers are so compact and lightweight.

Last edited:
also you don't need to run it full on, it will run happily with the button slightly depressed

Don't rush out and spend a fortune on every tool u can think off. Start of with the basic like the boys have said above then build it up over time. Buy quality and not quntity

in my opinion you don't need to splash out on an 18v impact driver, I got a 10.8v dewalt one, will happily drive 3" x 12 screws to hang rads , id buy second hand tools to start off with , try boot sales and ebay. I got a credit card out last year, and have been buying power tools on it, buy one tool and this way I can spread the cost , then buy the next one ect.

me to , I got the combo kit, so impact and drill, best 110 quid I spent! drill brilliant for self tapping flues and holes for 15mm and 10mm pipes thru floorboards etc, then I bought the torch to fit them for around 30 quid, that has the most amazing light on, then I got the 10.8v radio for around 50 quid, brilliant 4 items that I always have with me on the van , I also got a dewalt 240v sds, all cost me around 300 together, best 300 I spent!!......on tools anyway!!! haha

IMO your better off buying a decent regular li-on battery'd 18v cordy, i.e dewalt xr (or makita range) as your also be able to use hole saw kits, you could also buy a bare body Xr impact later on which you would already have batterys n charger for,

Fave drill is my hitachi 36v li-on sds hammer.
Its a brute- it can punch harder than lennox and run longer than farah
But most of all - just love the shade of green

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tool advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock