Search the forum,

Discuss toilet -PLEASE HELP NOW!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MARCSP

plumber has removed an old toilet with old fashioned cistern but the waste outlet is 290 mm away from the wall. this means the toilet has a big gap at the back away from the wall.
HELP - PLUMBER HERE NOW DOESNT KNOW WHAT TO DO, THANX

All you can realy do without moving sewer pipe is use a low level wc probably what you removed
a pic might help

Presume you mean drain coming up from the floor,so can not put pan far enough back for cistern to meet with the wall and cistern is 290mm away from wall, if you do not want to dig up and set back, maybe just make a wooden support behind cistern to fix to wall and tile over
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your plumber I use that word loosly lol
Should of new this before he removed wc

It does need a photo really, which would give us something to go on.

(oops, sorry for pun:eek:)

You have a few options for this. All the same idea but different ways of going about it.

You fix some timber batterns on the wall to fill the gap and then fix some plasterboard on top of them.

You can take it all the way to the ceiling to make it look like the original wall or take it half way and put a shelf on top.

Once it is fixed you can either skim/paint, paint or tile it. Or wall paper it if your a nutter!!

I guess it exits through the floor? Otherwise you could just cut it back couldn't you? But yeah, build something behind it.

have a look at a mcAlpine pan connectors model con-q may allow pan to go back a bit:)regards turnpin

flexable waste pipe, move loo back to wall, box over flex to soil, ( when say move back may have to move it over to the left or right a little) job done!

flexable waste pipe, move loo back to wall, box over flex to soil, ( when say move back may have to move it over to the left or right a little) job done!

think about it move back 290mm i dont think so lol

yes 29cm =11inches approx, put /build box over, use top of box to put unit on (unless loo is middle of room ) lol

i had this problem twice.
i lifted floor boards removed the soil pipe socket, extended soil pipe put new fitting on switched floor boards so the old hole now fitted around the new fitting. job done. this is only possible if the joists are running the right way.
failing that go the boxing route. only other possible alternative is to run a new soil pipe alongside the joists and core drill a new hole and make a new soil pipe connection

KJ

Don't use wooden battens behind as it will look pants!
Get a wc like a Jika "mio" close coupled wc - (allows for a drain up to about 30cm off the wall).
Most good plumbers merchants will have a make of wc to overcome this problem - although they will be more expensive than the b&q toilet to go type wc's.

Hope this helps
Blod

Bodging it will bite you in the arse in a few months , just put in a low level, I did manage it once with a swan neck pan con and 2x4 behind but it prob wasnt 290mm from wall or try blods idea , I have not heard of this but i will now bookmark cheers blod.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys and thanx for all helpful replies. plumber didnt have time to change toilet and floor had to be done today so will just have to have the gap and shelf.
but at least 40 yr old disgusting floor with ridge tiles and 40 yr dirt in gaps has gone!

thanx again all of you

box it in behind cistern - we do this a lot - customer buys toilet then realises waste is botom entry question mark pan connector and box in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to toilet -PLEASE HELP NOW!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock