1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Toilet pipe is leaking at the back.. in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Darren Williamson

Darren Williamson New Member

Hi. The pipe that goes straight into the toilet at the back was leaking. I have moved the toilet away from the pipe but am struggling to seperated the white bend from the grey straight pipe. Any ideas? What is the correct method. Do I twist or pull? 20190710_193106.jpg 20190710_193126.jpg

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Twist and pull , a bit of each pal .

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Darren Williamson

Thanks for your response. I tried but it must be really tight and I thought I'd seek assistance before getting more heavy handed.
    Cheers.

4. CBW1982

CBW1982 Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Sometimes an old slotted screwdriver or crowbar just to loosen the fins, then should twist and pull

• Like Like x 1
  5. Darren Williamson

Thanks. I'll give it a go. I'm gonna need a new bend. What's it called mate?
    Thanks

6. CBW1982

CBW1982 Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

A (usually 90 degree) bent pan connector. Get a Multikwik or McAlpine if you want a good one. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Darren Williamson

Cheers buddy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Only use MultiKWICK or McAlpine all the rest are absolute rubbish and do not last....Rob Foster aka centralheatking

• Like Like x 1
  9. Darren Williamson

Cheers fella