Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet bowl water discoloured in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

O_Z

Hi,
New to this forum and wondered if anyone had seen this before?

Toilet flushes fine and fills ok, flush valve stops water ok.
Water from mains is clean and water in the cistern is clear also.
When leaving the toilet overnight or after returning from work the bowl water has turned a dark yellow colour.

The toilet is upstairs and the only one in the house. In the same room the shower drains fine as does the sink. Downstairs there are no issues with emptying the sink.
My house is at the bottom of the street on a hill, not too steep, also there has been lots of rain recently but I've never seen this issue before in five years.

Could it be a high water table or issue further down the pipe or something more serious with my system like a blockage? Strange thing is that it's always just yellow water and only after several hours of build up.

Any ideas?

Haven`t lost a Yellow rim flush lately have you or have you trained your dog to pee in it? lol

My guess would be something hasn`t fully cleared the toilet pan or if it has it is stuck just outside the pan in the pipe.

my lads girlfriend has been staying at ours for a few days, funny thing is, the water in ours turned pink the day before she came. got no idea why?

has some muppet connected your system fill to the central heating circuit?

Thanks for the replies, it's just me in the house so no idea why it's happening.
Have been putting boiling water down a couple of times.

Thanks for the replies, it's just me in the house so no idea why it's happening.

bet theres something metal stuck in the pan somewhere and its rusting or breaking down!!

Just had a thought, the water moves a little when windy and then I remembered that my condensing boiler that was installed last year is connected to the waste pipe above in the loft.
Would it be possible that after a year, it's due for a service next month, the waste water would flow out into the toilet a little?
There's a small pipe in the loft that goes into it. It's not happened up until now but maybe the water gets dirty after a while? It was fitted with one of those magnatech filters.

not really as there is 2 amounts of water in the bowl with an air break, or an uphill incline at least!

Update, resolved this by flushing out the u-bend with a bucket of hot water several times.

Reactions: Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet bowl water discoloured in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock