Search the forum,

Discuss tiler looking for newly qualified plumberlooking for newly qualified plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dougmontgomery

new tiler looking for newly qualified plumber

Hi,

I recently finished an 8 week tiling course with Able Skills. My plan is to secure work via various methods; leaflet drop, yell.com, and rated people etc. Having investigated rated people for tiling jobs, Ive noticed many, if not most of the clients want one quote/estimate from one outfit and are reluctant to accept several different quotes from separate trades. Understandably, they want to keep things simple.

What I'd like to do is accommodate this demand by offering a complete bathroom service including tiling, plumbing, and services incidental to the bathroom project like plastering, decorating etc. I spent 12 years as a decorator and learned to plaster during the tiling course, but I know nothing about plumbing. I wondered it there are any newly qualified plumbers out there who might want to informally team up with me and pitch for work (on Rated People etc). That way the prospective client is more likely to accept a single quote - obviously in reality made up of singular estimates for the tiling, plumbing and anything else required. The practicalities of this could mean me going to the site for the initial visit and assessing the project, photographing the space and you could give me your quote that way. Or I could meet you near the clients house and assess the work together.

Ive already created a website/visual identity and have had postcards made up. I also have a degree in Product Design and a post-graduate diploma in Interior Design meaning we could offer a full design and fit service which would cast the net a bit wider, adding more appeal for clients. I live in South London SE27 and it would be good to team up with someone in the London area.

I'm not looking for financial input at all or going into business in the formal sense, simply suggesting a 'teaming up' strategy as a means of acquiring work. Basically just pitching for jobs alongside a plumber; I'd do the tiling and any decorating (wouldn't be more than the ceiling and possibly woodwork probably) and you could take the plumbing work and charge accordingly.

Look forward to any replies,

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tiler looking for newly qualified plumberlooking for newly qualified plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock