Search the forum,

Discuss tile cutter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone know if the tile cutting machines from wicked or b and q are any good for porcelain tiles??

Looking for a cheapish cutter

I got the big clinker from Screwfix for £80 more than worth it cuts 600mm tiles nice and easy
Got fed up with the cheap ones

I got a second hand rubi from ebay ts60 so it will cut a 600mm paid around £100for It and its head and shoulders above my old plastplugs thing

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the Tommy Walsh B and Q version a few years back and that motor's okay.

Last edited:
On a wet cutter it's mostly down to the cutting wheel. Get cheap, but great quality from here. Porcelain Continuous Rim Diamond Blade | ATS Diamond Tools
the cheap cutters do suffer from poor bearings. Thus makes the disc wobble, therefore, it might chip the tile or wander off line. This a good quality one.
Norton Clipper 180mm Table Wet/Dry Tile Cutter/Saw & Case flvtt180bm | eBay. Sell it afterwards for £80.
if you want a good porcelain manual tile cutter . Sigma are the best. They hold their money second hand too.Sigma 2D4 61cm Tile Cutter | eBay not cheap but has the breaking force to cope with and hard tile.

I've found that using the wet cutter even with a new wheel running true when I get to the end of a cut, and it's not with every cut, perhaps one in six or so the tile just doesn't cut clean and the corner comes away, just a little, but annoying al the same.

I've found that using the wet cutter even with a new wheel running true when I get to the end of a cut, and it's not with every cut, perhaps one in six or so the tile just doesn't cut clean and the corner comes away, just a little, but annoying al the same.
If you cut in 10mm from the opposite side first, then cut to if, this tends to stop it.
i have a beast of a wet tile saw and have to do that to prevent chip out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I bought a cheap wet tile cutter, its taken some stick and still does a great job. Doing less tiling now so it will do for me. Think it was from toolstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tile cutter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My plumber fitted a shower, 2 of the walls are glass panels and one is a tile board (wedi board). He joint the wedi board pieces (3 pieces) close to each other but didn't use any joint sealant. When I asked him whether this will be an issue for future leaks he dismissed it. How worried should I...
Replies
Views
HI everyone. As per the title, can anyone advise whether snap tile cutters work on porcelain tiles or do I need a wet saw? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
hi all i need some help and advice i am tiling around 2 shower pipe fittings. as the measurements were intricate i was practicing on off cuts and trying to create a template. I've noticed when i drill holes into the tiles sometimes they would crack. i don't use any pressure or drill too fast...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock