Search the forum,

Discuss This week's "Who the hell fitted that?".... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Viscous

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Found this in the kitchen of quite a posh Victorian house....
DSC_0330.JPG

DSC_0331.JPG

I love the idea of some bloke standing to admire his work thinking 'Oh yeah!' o_O
i

Diy maybe ?

That drain off is classic

"Hello, I'd like a radiator moved in my nice new kitchen, all I ask is that you make it look as ugly as you can and if you could fit the drain cock upside down, that would be nice"

The thing is, there are plenty of people who would look at that and see absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Why exactly can't you fit this rad vertically ?
I've seen people fit 3" ogee architrave back to front with the wide edge nearest the door because they thought it looked " better ".
Better than what exactly, my dogs a**e perhaps.

Well even the present Mrs Viscous could see that something wasn't right.....

They looked like standard rad brackets. I'm guessing the pipework is what's stopping it all sliding off.... or No-nails/Fixall ;)

I saw one of those. Looked like the homeowner had made his own brackets from sheet aluminium. Although I did eventually fit the replacement, I wasn't the one doing the removal, so I didn't get to admire them. In 'my' case, though, the wall section was very narrow and I doubt it would have been easy (or possible) to obtain a satisfactory solution without this kind of alternative approach. In your case, though, WHY?

'Prat' is all that springs to mind.
Oh now 'builder' has crept in too...
Obvs a person who ticks boxes (needs this that and something else) but obviously has no idea of how things work or why they are fitted so does it spectacularly wrong...

As it happens Dave you may be bang on the money. The lady of the house said they bought it from a builder who'd converted it back from HMO to single dwelling.....

DSC_0340.JPG

Also in the local area, found this in the entrance to a city pub. I wasn't even drinking as I was on driver duty!

Ah, the old days when breaking the phial on a spirit level meant replacing the phial, not a whole new level of waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to This week's "Who the hell fitted that?".... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock