Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Thermostatic Shower Handles in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Martin Tattersall

Martin Tattersall New Member

Hi I have a 3 handle thermostatic shower however the on /off valve doesn't work . I tried to access the valve but cant get the handle off . It is the square cube type with a set screw in the side .Is it possible the handle unscrews after removal of set screw as it wasn't budging when I tried to pull it off .Also I have no idea what shower it is .It has a central column housing all the valves sandwiched between two glass panels.
    TIA

2. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber Top Contributor!!

Photos please Martin
    It should pull off

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Some pictures would be good as stated above mate

4. Ben-gee

Ben-gee New Member

99% sure it should pull off. However, particularly if you are hard water area, this can sometimes be impossible and as a last resort I have had to cut them off in the past! First try WD40 or similar, let it soak as long as possible. If you can get the cover plate off, I have placed a plank across to spread the load and then carefully driven wooden wedges between handle and plank to push handle off. Best to use at least two (top/bottom) to get it to move squarely to shaft, this has worked for me in the past with no damage to anything.

5. Martin Tattersall

20180725_183558.jpg 20180725_183551.jpg

20180725_183541.jpg

6. Harvest Fields

Get a Stanley blade and pop the coloured caps off from the Underneath the handles. There will be a grub screw that you need to remove then a bit of force and the handles will pull off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Martin Tattersall

Yes did that still wouldn't budge maybe some other screw inside the protruding knob on top

8. Harvest Fields

Maybe. But doubt it. May just be scaled up

9. Martin Tattersall

Okay thanks for the help will see

10. Martin Tattersall

Hi Back again have managed to get the said handles off and removed the on off ceramic valve The closest I could find to replace it would be the
    Svr21 Ultra 3/4" Ceramic Disc Quarter Turn Cartridge for Art3210 Shower Valves.
    The shower doesn't have a name but this valve has the right measurements for the one removed however I am unsure as the valve I took out has a blue bottom seal for a cold feed but the on /off valve is after the thermostatic valve thus would have a hot feed in my opinion.Does it make any difference.

Thanks .

11. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber Top Contributor!!

No. the red & blue are there to indicate the direction it operates - normally it is red clockwise & blue anti-clockwise.

You will need to check that the splined's are the same otherwise handles won't fit.

12. Martin Tattersall

Thanks

• Like Like x 1