Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic Radiator valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

All Mod Cons

Hi there,
I wonder if somebody could give me some help please?

I've just bought three of these TRVs to fit to upstairs radiators. I bought Drayton RT212s which are 15mm fittings.

The first radiator went fine. I simply removed the old style valve and attached the new TRV to the existing fittings. I then went to do the same for the second radiator and hit problems.....

The pipe that feeds all of the radiators is 15mm and of course has the exisitng 15mm nut that I connected to the bottom of the TRV. On the second radiator the connection that comes out of the TRV (15mm) will not connect to the bit of pipe coming out of the bottom of the radiator (forgive the lack of technical terms!) as this has an (approx) 22mm nut on it. My other (third) radiator is the same...

So the question is - is there a TRV that takes 15mm in and comes out at 22mm? Or do i need to unscrew the bit of pipe that is already in the bottom of the radiator and screw in the the bit of pipe that came wit hthe TRV - so that the 15mm outlet fro mthe TRV will now connect up to the radiator?

Many thanks,
Richard.

install all the new TRV including the bit that screws in to the rad

Great - thanks for the fast reply. I'll give it a go.
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostatic Radiator valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

the thermostatic controller has snapped off the top of one of the radiator valves is the threaded metal collar standard to all valves? Can I fit one fro a different make?
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on the other side I noticed a blank top with no valve or peg sticking out that allows you to turn on or off (see pictures). I checked the other rads in...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I have done this before in another install but the valves were Danfoss and directly compatible with Hive. I am looking for an adapter that will be able...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock