Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Thermostat hit and miss with boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Husk24

Husk24 Member

hi guys

I have had a new boiler installed, an ideal logic 30k system boiler, with Danfoss rf thermostat RET2000b-rf+rx1-s, wireless. I have had problems with boiler not turning on with thermostat and sometimes not switching off, the installer has now moved the receiver even closer and I am still having problems, the signal sign is showing on thermostat and so is the heat sign. The receiver ch button is on red like it should be but boiler does not come on, today nothing happened for ten minutes so i turned the thermostat to off twice and back up, then it worked.

Any suggestions what the issue might be?

Thanks

2. Husk24

Husk24 Member

pixs attached is it helps

A0ED440C-BE80-42DA-8DF3-4C0EFCD03D0C.jpeg

C1A07554-0F61-4109-86DB-6F99B118F570.jpeg

9DD710A5-A01D-49C1-A965-26CC08C42EED.jpeg

3. JVTrades

JVTrades Member

I think you'll find this is something in the boiler as I had a similar issue with a vogue combi (Ideal) where it would turn on but not off. They attended under warranty as all equipment was from them and they ended changing something in the boiler although the customer doesn't know what

4. Husk24

Husk24 Member

Hi JVTrades, its only not switched off once or twice but my main issue is it does not seem to come on when I set temperature especially first thing in morning when boiler has been switched off overnight.

5. JVTrades

JVTrades Member

could be something interfering with signal. how far away is the room stat? metal stud walls?

6. Husk24

Husk24 Member

The receiver was about 15 meters away, it should work upto 30 meters but there were a few walls in between and now that has been moved and the distance from receiver to thermostat is roughly 3-4 meters with one wall in between. The receiver lights up when i turn thermostat up, its the boiler that doesn’t turn on when it should do

7. JVTrades

JVTrades Member

Then it sounds like either there is a fault with the switching from the receiver or the boiler itself. I think you need a sparky to test these things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JVTrades

JVTrades Member

Does the boiler not come on quickly in the morning or just not at all even after waiting?

9. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Get the installer back it's not operating correctly. Kop

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Husk24

Husk24 Member

Its hit and miss, sometimes it comes on within seconds and then likd this morning I waited 5 minutes and nothing happened, then I switched the thermostat down and up again then it came on instantly, it is intermittent. Got boiler installer and electrician coming on Wednesday to check boiler as well as thermostat /receiver.

• Like Like x 2
  11. JVTrades

JVTrades Member

keep us posted.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jones82

Jones82 GSR

Is it 240 or low voltage controls? I'd be checking the sl from the thermostat receiver is sending 240 then checking the boiler terminals are receiving it, could be as simple as a loose wire, or a faulty stat.

Or if the boiler is receiving current but nothing happening then contact Ideal and go the warranty route.

13. Husk24

Husk24 Member

No idea about the voltage myself but the thermostat/receiver was replaced today with a new one, exactly same, said it was working fine until I came home n checked it was doing the same as above hit n miss. The boiler was only installed 4 weeks ago alongside the thermostat. Now the second one is still doing the same.

14. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

hum ... in an empty field.

are you sure the boiler is set to constant?

15. Husk24

Husk24 Member

What do you mean set to constant?