Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostat can anyone help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Had a new thermostat put in with a new boiler and im unsure if its working correctly.
Temperature is set at 20.5
Room temperature is showing at 20
Heating is not coming on.
Its an esi model esrtp4rf
Should it not be sending info to the boiler as soon as it goes below the desired room temp ie 20.5?? Its been at 20 degrees for over 15 mins and nothing. The icons to show its transmitting are there.
I hope that makes sense

Increase it 5 dc should fire

I would imagine because it’s too precise half degree is next to negligible in a property you wouldn’t feel the difference . I believe that a lot of thermostats actually have a waiver for accuracy sometimes to as much as + or -2°C

I'm guessing it's battery powered

Thermostats are designed with a value called 'hysteresis' and is normally set to 1c or 2c to prevent the boiler cycling on & off too much. If it's a newer digital thermostat you can sometimes adjust the hysteresis value in the settings menu, but probably won't go below 1c.
As said above, if your boiler is not coming in until a difference of 1c or 2c between actual & desired temp is reached then your system is behaving normally.

Reply to Thermostat can anyone help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock