Search the forum,

Discuss Theft from shop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aqueousdesign

https://www.************/alan.mills.79/videos/10208239165526963/

Hi everyone.
on Thursday i had a Worcester 18/25 heatslave boiler stolen from outside my shop in chislehurst, any help on this would be grateful.
it was delivered and outside my shop for about 20 minutes while i finished dealing with a customer and had time to make room for it. given the weight of this boiler including the weight of the pallet, i didnt expect it to be lifted.
any information that leads to the recovery of this product will be rewarded. you all know the value of this boiler and how little profit there is on them, this has cost me a lot of money, stupidly i didnt put aside my customer and bring the boiler in immediately

aqueous design ltd, 0208 467 3100

im sorry you wont see it again if you do its going to be in bits, and im sorry (my own opinion) but its your own fault, would you leave nearly 2k in pound notes sitting outside im sure your answer would be no

reality is i know this, im beating myself up with this, normally only baths get left outside, i had a customer in the shop who had been there for 4 hours discussing her kitchen and bathrooms, this had frazzled my brain, literally 5 minutes before she left it went,

reality is i know this, im beating myself up with this, normally only baths get left outside, i had a customer in the shop who had been there for 4 hours discussing her kitchen and bathrooms, this had frazzled my brain, literally 5 minutes before she left it went,

you had time to sign the paperwork tho ??????

you had time to sign the paperwork tho ??????

i am aware i was stupid to leave it there, i am more interested in the people who took it, i park my car outside my house every night, doesnt mean i am leaving it there for someone to help themselves.

i am aware i was stupid to leave it there, i am more interested in the people who took it, i park my car outside my house every night, doesnt mean i am leaving it there for someone to help themselves.

no but your car weights much less than a boiler :D and police wont be able to do anything as no clear faces as ive been through the same

Can you find out the serial number for the boiler? Might turn up if someone registers the warranty? Might not be the fitter but think the customer might!

i know, just doing everything i can to make myself think i have done all i can, an expensive lesson is learnt, and it wont happen again.

Can you find out the serial number for the boiler? Might turn up if someone registers the warranty? Might not be the fitter but think the customer might!

its an avenue i am looking into, the suppliers are trying to establish when they bought it from worcester.

no but your car weights much less than a boiler :D and police wont be able to do anything as no clear faces as ive been through the same

you ever tried lifting an oil boiler????? must be some happy pikies out there, at least 4 happy pikies

You have my sympathy. And whilst it may have been unwise to leave it there, this theft is not your fault.

The responsibility for the theft lies 100% with the thieveing scrotes who stole the boiler, and I hope that they drop it on their foot.

Stealing stock from a merchant has exactly the same impact on his business as stealing tools from a tradesman. And we take it just as personally.

im sorry you wont see it again if you do its going to be in bits, and im sorry (my own opinion) but its your own fault, would you leave nearly 2k in pound notes sitting outside im sure your answer would be no

No comparison there at all!

https://www.************/alan.mills.79/videos/10208239165526963/

Hi everyone.
on Thursday i had a Worcester 18/25 heatslave boiler stolen from outside my shop in chislehurst, any help on this would be grateful.
it was delivered and outside my shop for about 20 minutes while i finished dealing with a customer and had time to make room for it. given the weight of this boiler including the weight of the pallet, i didnt expect it to be lifted.
any information that leads to the recovery of this product will be rewarded. you all know the value of this boiler and how little profit there is on them, this has cost me a lot of money, stupidly i didnt put aside my customer and bring the boiler in immediately

aqueous design ltd, 0208 467 3100

Sorry to hear about that, I feel for you as I Used to live in bromley and know what a nice place chislehurst is. Its a long shot, but I would suggest you find out the serial no of the boiler register it with Gas safe and the police and hope the Muppet sell the boiler whole and some fitter or customer tries to register it not known it was stolen.

Sorry to hear about that, I feel for you as I Used to live in bromley and know what a nice place chislehurst is. Its a long shot, but I would suggest you find out the serial no of the boiler register it with Gas safe and the police and hope the Muppet sell the boiler whole and some fitter or customer tries to register it not known it was stolen.

It's an oil boiler.......

Any cameras anywhere ? , defo book it as a crime with the rozzers, if it turns up ( long-shot I know ) you cant claim it because you never told them it was stolen .

the link on the original post shows the cctv of them taking it, and i have another of them arriving on the corner, but no number plate visible, i have reported it to the police and they have emailed me to say someone will contact me asap. So probably sometime next week. figured i would get the cctv on the net to try and create bit of awareness.

It's an oil boiler.......

If this was a, how do I fix/ repair/ fit/ diagnose/ set up/ open the case or other problem from an unregistered
poster this would have been locked long before now, and advised, please register to receive further answers
to your problem.

Why is this one different?

If this was a, how do I fix/ repair/ fit/ diagnose/ set up/ open the case or other problem from an unregistered
poster this would have been locked long before now, and advised, please register to receive further answers
to your problem.

Why is this one different?

he has please check posts 3,5,8,9 etc

the link on the original post shows the cctv of them taking it, and i have another of them arriving on the corner, but no number plate visible, i have reported it to the police and they have emailed me to say someone will contact me asap. So probably sometime next week. figured i would get the cctv on the net to try and create bit of awareness.

I'm sorry Aqueous Design, but I wouldn't hold out much hope. I have CCTV of people running into one of our warehouses, taking a boiler off the shelf, and dashing back out, shoving it in a van, and driving off. Its happened about 4 or 5 times to us, and probably 50 times across the south east to various merchants in the last year. The police go through the motions, but if no-one is hurt, its a low priority crime - just like nicking tools from vans. One day, we'll catch one of the b'stards, and that day the cctv might just malfunction briefly. :)

I'm sorry Aqueous Design, but I wouldn't hold out much hope. I have CCTV of people running into one of our warehouses, taking a boiler off the shelf, and dashing back out, shoving it in a van, and driving off. Its happened about 4 or 5 times to us, and probably 50 times across the south east to various merchants in the last year. The police go through the motions, but if no-one is hurt, its a low priority crime - just like nicking tools from vans. One day, we'll catch one of the b'stards, and that day the cctv might just malfunction briefly. :)

+1 but if someone tries robbing me tools again there will be some shallow graves and lime also and thats after ive had my fun with them

leaving a boiler in the street or leaving shutters open...you are asking for trouble...if i take a old boiler out and leave it outside ,its gone within 15mins,so a new one has no chance...... get real.....

leaving a boiler in the street or leaving shutters open...you are asking for trouble...if i take a old boiler out and leave it outside ,its gone within 15mins,so a new one has no chance...... get real.....

Nah.

Lots of people take old boilers out and leave them on the pavement for the scrappies. Its not the same thing as taking a new, boxed, unused product. In urban areas, lots of shops struggle with space, and have to take deliveries over the pavement - that doesn't mean that they are fair game for theives. The attitude of "its your own fault" just legitimises and excuses theiving ball-bags.

"Honestly your honour, if Mr plumber didn't want me to steal his copper and spend the money on drugs, then he shouldn't have left such valuable property in a tube on top of his van, protected only by a sub-standard lock. I respectfully submit, your honour, that this negligent attitude constituted an invitation to help myself, and that therefore not only is the copper my just deserts, but Mr PLumber owes me compensation for cutting my finger on his cheap-skate lock..."

and put a 'no running' sign up in the warehouse, that'll make the buggers think twice!

But seriously, that's pretty unlucky. I suppose you can't leave anything anywhere without some scum bag trying to nick it.

and put a 'no running' sign up in the warehouse, that'll make the buggers think twice!

But seriously, that's pretty unlucky. I suppose you can't leave anything anywhere without some scum bag trying to nick it.

True 'nuff.

so the thieves did him a favour in fact nicking the boiler ,as he was taking over the public pavement with boxs and deliveries,restricting access for pendestrians,forcing them on the road,to get knocked done and suing him or partial sighted folk,walking into the obstacle course outside his shop ....and suing..for a lot more than the cost of the boiler...

Fit feckers - i struggle to run with a pocket full of change.
Respect where respects due !

Psst.....just maybe they are part of the problem. If they would get off their fat arses they might catch someone. ( Edit crime figures are down my arsz, reporting figures are down because people know nothing gets done so why bother reporting it and politicians don't live in our world )
Its well gone so get over it. Ther aint nothing in the world bringing it back even if plod gave a ***.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to see this buddy, will keep you informed if I hear this being offered around, I am just down the road in Sidcup. They will have a job moving an oil boiler round here, might try and shift it through Gumtree or E Bay.

I looked up the shop on google maps and I see you have a few plumbers around you...might be worth a visit or a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Theft from shop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock