Search the forum,

Discuss The new CGCS compliance scheme - opinions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jehannum

Gas Engineer
Just fielding other opinions on this new gas safety compliance scheme from Capita:

[sorry - link to installeronline article was not permitted]

I find it confusing to have a second scheme run by the same company that runs the Gas Safe Register. The time and effort could have been put into improving GSR. I can't think of any positives or any usefulness with this.

Waste of time and more money out of our pocket

It's another government money robbing scheme!

It's a joke, just another costly meaningless scheme that fills the pockets of people with nowt better to do with their time than think of these things. They need to concentrate on the current scheme and improve it rather than causing possible confusion to the public, many of whom still think corgi is the gas regulator.

I was reading about this yesterday.. seems like a load of rubbish. They're almost saying it's a second tier level of quality, as if GSR isn't enough. I can't see it catching on.

Same old same old!

Too many people want to take a slice out of your pie.

Too many people who's job it is, to sit and think of a way of extracting money from you by inventing something that sounds important and necessary and is sold as:-

" oooo, if you don't have this ticket you'll never work again and if you try you'll be thrown in prison for ever "......... rubbish.

When you think about it, there are a lot of people/jobs around who don't actually create or earn money. They take a slice of what others do !, think about it.

Thing is, it's my pie, I made it, it is not that big and if you want some you'll have to convince me that giving you a slice is worth it for me, my family and my business.
Rant over !
Sorry !

Last edited:
: Will installers have to pay to be part of the scheme?

"There is a cost for installers but it depends on the size of their business and the type of work they do. We encourage any interested installers to get in contact so we can discuss things further".
Blatant scheme, by private company, to collect money, to rate your business, by their criteria.

"There is a cost for installers but it depends on the size of their business and the type of work they do. We encourage any interested installers to get in contact so we can discuss things further".
Blatant scheme, by private company, to collect money, to rate your business, by their criteria.

I agree !
My customers rate my business and the service we provide.

That's the best test in my opinion.

Capita are worried they may loose the register when it comes up for renewal in a couple of years so they are setting this up to keep a finger in the pie.
The so called higher standard will start off with a few of the big companies and will probably end up after a few years being used as a prequal for subbing for councils and bigger contracts like iso9000 construction line etc.
For the small guy it won't make any odds unless you do that type work.
Numbers being banded around for costs is in the few 1000's depending on the size of orginisation.

Again yet more pish. The company pays the money and has the same class of numpties working for them as everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The new CGCS compliance scheme - opinions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock