Discuss Testo 327 testing for let by in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
how do you do let by and tightness tests with the Testo 327 ? Do you attach a hose at the end of probe then the meter test point?

No you dont use the probe the tubing goes on the plastic nipple at the base of the unit you need to access the settings menu and choose the correct application for tightnees testing . kop

images

This bit!

What you mean?
You can use the multi connection to measure temperature, pressure, draught and combustion gases.

Last edited:
What you mean?
You can use the multi connection to measure temperature, pressure, draught and combustion gases.

Don't think pressure there's a separate port / nipple on the bottom

Yes there is but you can also use the centre connection for all tests.
I've always used that one to test the lot.

You sure I tried it and it doesn't work

You sure I tried it and it doesn't work

Yes. It works fine. I never use the other one. You connect the black plug with the open end onto the same connection as your probe connects to and away you go. You can use it for letby, Tightness, just as a manometer for things like BP and WP, all sorts!

If yours doesn't work for that send it in. I thought you had traded that in last year anyway?

Yes. It works fine. I never use the other one. You connect the black plug with the open end onto the same connection as your probe connects to and away you go. You can use it for letby, Tightness, just as a manometer for things like BP and WP, all sorts!

If yours doesn't work for that send it in. I thought you had traded that in last year anyway?

Yea for the 330 same as the 327 tho

Can I ask my little question about Testo adaptor here? sorry
I got 2 of them, but one with the ribs at the end (left).
I though they are similar, but the one on the right left (with ribs), is letting by when I'm connecting it to Gas pressure contoroller. I dont remember, but i think it came together with B1 and B2 probes.

So, they are difrent or I just gor the faulty one?

2018-05-26 20.37.21.jpg

I've got the one on the right and it does fga

Any difference in the two ?

See below

IMG_3601.JPG

IMG_3602.JPG

that's where i'm stuck.
I bough this Gas pressure contoroller to go away from regular U gauge. It come without adaptors.
So, because I have one (left) from Pressure hose connection set, which comes with 320b and second (right) from B3 probe set (B2 angled probe, B1 gas cooker probe) I decided to use Left one.

But after zeroing, I tried to raise pressure. But it makes just psss and that's it. So the leak is actually here (shown on picture). When I swapped them - no problem. Works fine.

So I see you are useng the same adaptor, but not getting same problems as I. So I will ring Testo on monday and try to get answer from them.

2018-05-27 01.00.53.jpg

2018-05-27 01.07.58.jpg

So does mine when connect like in your pic it Sodes gas out

Got an answer from TESTO
The ribbed adaptor is for gas analysis B3 probes, the smooth is for pressure.
Can't see why they done it, but this is the way how it is.
Hope this helps.

What’s the difference between using the nipple and the probe connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Testo 327 testing for let by in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back