Search the forum,

Discuss Testo 327-1 replacement sensors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy replacement sensors for a Testo 327-1 FGA.

sorry to say testo direct normally around 3-400 for the full lot or they normally offer you an upgrade discount eg trade in your old fga

The 327-1 is a basic machine, not the all singing and dancing FGA it only has two replaceable sensors, CO which I can get for about £70.00 and O2 available for about £150.00, I just wondered if there are place's that offer them at a cheaper price.

The 327-1 is a basic machine, not the all singing and dancing FGA it only has two replaceable sensors, CO which I can get for about £70.00 and O2 available for about £150.00, I just wondered if there are place's that offer them at a cheaper price.

Where do you send it for calibration?

Is there not a fixed price repair and calibrate for Testo? (If sent to Testo UK)

I think it's 2010 or younger nothing older

In touch with your female side? answering a question with a question LOL.

Well ?? Who do you send it to for calibration

3-400 I think is cheap with labour and a calibration

As you've said the cells alone are 220

What difference does it make who I send it too, the question was does anyone know where the replaceable sensors can be bought for a cheaper price?

Because if it's testo they will refuse to calibrate it if it's not there parts

I didn't think after market parts where available, can you provide a link?

have a look on ebay theres a few

how do you know the ones your getting are original testo ones?

I have looked on e-bay and they are not cheaper, so whether they are original Testo or not is a moot point, but they are from a Testo service centre in Germany.

Last edited:
£320 for both or each? Unfortunately my FGA is pre 2011 so the fixed charge does not apply, however JMW will do it for £388.20, but since retirement I only service two units a year and am trying to cut down this cost.

I do understand the need for Politeness, but it seems that most contributors ask questions rather than answer the question posed, this seems to be a theme with any question asked on this Forum, no one answers a question directly.

I do understand the need for Politeness, but it seems that most contributors ask questions rather than answer the question posed, this seems to be a theme with any question asked on this Forum, no one answers a question directly.
That’s not quite true. People on here are very careful on what informations they give further to an open forum. All they do is feel responsible for giving informations further on an open forum. You have to understand people come on here to ask for designing their systems and wanting to know how to fix their gas boilers, or cookers. It is somehow our responsibility to give gas related informations further to engineers who can proof their registration by supplying the mods the relevant details. Don’t get that all in the wrong throat it is just our way of getting the background knowledge before giving any kind of informations further. I hope you understand what I mean.

I do understand what you mean, but a simple question as asked on this thread seems to have elicited a number of irrelevant questions that have no bearing on the subject in hand, I am not asking for anyone to design anything, just answer a basic question of where, or if discounts are available for FGA sensors, if the answer is no then that is the answer than anyone could have given, it seems that most have a hidden agenda of some kind that I do not understand.

I do understand what you mean, but a simple question as asked on this thread seems to have elicited a number of irrelevant questions that have no bearing on the subject in hand, I am not asking for anyone to design anything, just answer a basic question of where, or if discounts are available for FGA sensors, if the answer is no then that is the answer than anyone could have given, it seems that most have a hidden agenda of some kind that I do not understand.
I totally get what you mean but as I read about retirement are you still regstistered to undertake those type of works ?

FYI..
As far as I am aware, there are very few interchangeable parts between FGA's.
Most manufacturers have specific parts for their models.
There's a reason for this - they want to own you as long as you use their equipment.

I'm sure if they could supply their own batteries for each model they would also.

Hope this helps

FYI..
As far as I am aware, there are very few interchangeable parts between FGA's.
Most manufacturers have specific parts for their models.
There's a reason for this - they want to own you as long as you use their equipment.

I'm sure if they could supply their own batteries for each model they would also.

Hope this helps

Thanks OZ, someone with a helpful comment on the content at last.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

£320 for both or each? Unfortunately my FGA is pre 2011 so the fixed charge does not apply, however JMW will do it for £388.20, but since retirement I only service two units a year and am trying to cut down this cost.
That was for both of mine, one was new in 2013 & the other new last December. Looking to upgrade our 2009 model as it is going to cost more than that alone so makes sense to upgrade.

Would be interesting to see how far out they are to each other, a side by side comparison so to speak could establish what percentage the inaccuracies are if any?

When I say between each other, I mean one that is regular serviced with new/up to date sensors and one that is perhaps a bit long in the tooth, both sets of readings on the same boiler, would certainly give an indication of how imperative it is to service each year, and before anyone jumps down my throat I know what the regulations say, this is for academic interest.

It comes a bit much when on every thread you have to explain yourself, because of the "you need to get and expert" "Are you qualified" "you should not be doing that" posters maybe the New Year will bring a better attitude towards others. :rolleyes:

Your inferiority complex is showing, I just said I was retired, but I was a Chartered Engineer, that's about the only thing you have got right on this entire thread, but as you well know you do not need to be registered or have any qualifications to work on oil boilers, but as usual most have assumed the conclusion that suits. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Only one of my 327 units was saying "Warning O2 cell depleted" I purged the unit and the message disappeared and it now calibrates and works again, so may have to wait a while to clean one, one thing I noticed is the ambient O2 is at 2.2 and not 2.1 as the other two, will purge again and see what happens.

Reply to Testo 327-1 replacement sensors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock