Search the forum,

Discuss tescos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
'small business' = 1 upward?.

do you think a firm with 5+ engineers not forgetting the plumbers and other staff, say min 8. will be interested in the price work offered as a one/two man band can do it for less???

dont stack up to me..

end of day tesco are quoting from 2 grand

worcestor junior basic like for like, gas run already there - i could easily beat it.

there prices will be on par with british gas, I'm not too worried and i don't think anyone else should be either - any customer i speak to i tell them british gas use subbys from local areas so in effect the higher prices are just admin charges as the same bloke could end up doing it from local vicinity

just had an email from tescos they do a finest bathroom range and 10,000 club card points! probably sell the same overpriced junk as dolphin bathrooms tescofinestbathrooms.com

excellent star letter in the PHAM News, says it all. love the bit at the end
" So if you are called out on a winter's night, or even christmas day, and find a certain type of geographically named boiler that won't respond. give it a kick. Every little helps "
pmsl :)

its good news if it competes with merchants prices will force merchants high prices down. done a few jobs where i have told the customer the price of the part and they have done a search on their i phone and shown me it half the price online.

ant

98% come from local merchant , that way if theres a problem i can walk staight back in with it , cant do that online. espically if it were a boiler etc your up the greek without a paddle.

i might get the odd 2 % , maybe fittings ora tool etc if i werent in a ruch and didnt need it straight away

as a gas safe registered boy myself that worked for tesco for 21 years i know how they work they entice you in with cream cakes then suck your blood like dracula buyer beware they want to dominate the world ...

I can offer finance for heating systems, but not had any the past wee while. People are not going to be swayed with finance, I think it will be more a case of "Ill replace it when I absolutely need to". Times are changing and everyone is keeping hold of their money due to the climate. I saw an advert that BG was offering a boiler repair for £69 inc parts and labour. That's gonna be hard to beat!

Don't be fooled with the £69 repair, I do market research constantly for the company I work for and these days hardly have to even phone BG to learn that the great offer they are advertising ain't that great.

If the boiler can be fixed in under 30 minutes it's £69, i.e topping up pressure etc for £69.

Then it went to something like 30 mins-2 hours £240 then over 2 hours = £399.

If the engineer gets towards the end of the 30 mins and all they have done is diagnosis which is often the case, they offer to let you pay the £69 only if you don't want the repair.

Basically the fixed price repair is actually a £69 call out charge.

British Gas marketing dept at their very best.

Oh yeah, British Gas are behind this whole sainsburys/tesco etc etc stuff, a bit of digging shows this up

Last edited by a moderator:
I despise Tesco. Everywhere you look they are cornering another market and destroying livelihoods. Round here they've opened a small Tesco opposite every co-op, eventually forcing most of them to close.

Now I find out that even we are not safe. It makes my blood boil.

Helplink are the biggest player round here, can't even get in our local plumb center for their bunch of teenage boys crowding up the counter on a morning. The quality of the work is shocking, the prices are extortionate but the marketing is right, and Tesco will be the same. Anyone can offer finance deals I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tescos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock