Search the forum,

Discuss Teeing in mains to feed a tea cabin. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
Ive been asked to run a mains feed to feed a tea cabin in a courtyard behind a shop. Its on land being leased from the shop which has the mains water supply. They want me to tee into their supply underground and run the new pipe to the new tea cabin. It will involve digging a trench across a 3m wide right of way tarmac access road to a house, packed gravel and soil either side.
The existing mains supply is about 450 deep. What would be the minimum allowable depth for my supply trench for this purpose. Im thinking the trench only needs to be wide enough to pick down to a suitable depth. If I dug a trench just wide enough to get the pipework down 200mm? Please help, im not sure where to begin.

750mm depth required, no matter what others have done. Establish position of other utilities and pipe runs. Tarmac, 3 metre wide, can in most cases be thrust bored to avoid disturbance and making good. Provided trench 3 metres long can be dug one side, thrust bore can be simple as scaffold tubes and 14lb hammer.

As above 750mm. Youll be pleased when you dont a get call back for a burst pipe in freezing weather

just give them a U.s.p tell them to use spring water in a 50gall tank in roof topped up once a week.
spring water tea @ 50p a cup more lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Teeing in mains to feed a tea cabin. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock