Search the forum,

Discuss Teeing boiler Prv with condense. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone combine the boiler Prv with the condense? I always though solvent weld was no compliant as part of Prv pipe run.
Any thoughts?

you can but must be able to take the temp and trapped

you can but must be able to take the temp and trapped[/QUOTE
So can solvent weld take 100 degrees? Though it should be PP pipe. How can you prove solvent weld can take those temperatures??

On another note is HDPE pipe all fusion welded?

yes

Im not sure i trust those hotuns either. Not sure how well they will perform in a few years time if that spring inside rusts.

When i spoke to vaillant about this they were happy for it to be setup like this as a last resort. The plastic isnt PP but its PVCu hight temp solvent weld.

20161024_160832.jpg

Im not sure i trust those hotuns either. Not sure how well they will perform in a few years time if that spring inside rusts.

When i spoke to vaillant about this they were happy for it to be setup like this as a last resort. The plastic isnt PP but its PVCu hight temp solvent weld.

View attachment 31658
Is high temp solvent weld different to a standard solvent weld? So is that black pipe in the picture standard solvent pipe?
What is that adapter that the tundish is fitted onto?

Most solvent weld sold is ABS which doesnt have a high temp rating, the pipe in the pic is high temp PVC C even. Which osma superceeded MUPVC for i think. Tundish is on a hepvo with "tundish adapter"

Is high temp solvent weld different to a standard solvent weld? So is that black pipe in the picture standard solvent pipe?
What is that adapter that the tundish is fitted onto?
Sorry, misread the pipe. So is that a standard tundish?

Most solvent weld sold is ABS which doesnt have a high temp rating, the pipe in the pic is high temp PVC C even. Which osma superceeded MUPVC for i think. Tundish is on a hepvo with "tundish adapter"
Standard solvent weld glue though.

Yep standard solvent weld. I think if i did this again i would use pushfit though to save confusion. Only used that as im not a fan of pushfit waste.

How do you step up to 1 1/4" then. I assumed the viessmanns had a overflow sized connection underneath for that combined con and prv? Ive only ever seen one vitodens and didnt pay too much attention to it

How do you step up to 1 1/4" then. I assumed the viessmanns had a overflow sized connection underneath for that combined con and prv? Ive only ever seen one vitodens and didnt pay too much attention to it

Straight to 11/2

Normally flex straight onto a 11/2 tee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Teeing boiler Prv with condense. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock