Search the forum,

Discuss Tap identification - please help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hdp160

Hi, my hamfisted :nono: has wrecked part of our kitchen mixer tap.

Does anyone recognise the model please (photo attached).

Following several youtube videos we have dimantled the tap as far as we can at the moment (there are no screws visable)

I've included pictures of the internal ceramic parts and the broken plastic "driver" which sits between the upper ceramic disk and the screwdriver blade shaped part which attaches to the tap handle.

I would like to simple replace just the broken bit.

BUT I guess that I might have to replace the entire brass tap insert.

Does anyone know how to get this insert out and mybe a supplier please.

Thanks in anticipation.

Kathrein

Attachments

• IMG_4727.jpg
    IMG_4727.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4726.jpg
    IMG_4726.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4728.jpg
    IMG_4728.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4733.jpg
    IMG_4733.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4731.jpg
    IMG_4731.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4732.jpg
    IMG_4732.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 42
For the hassle you will get trying to repair this tap you would be better to replace them, how old are they ? you could replace these for around ÂŁ70 + labour costs.

You've already wasted more energy, photo memory and electric than this tap deserves frankly.

I know, and I knew those suggestions were coming. And we probably will simply replace them. However If I knew the name of the taps I would have a head start on the repair route which is worth a try for a few days.

But thanks anyway.

Does anyone know how the brass insert could be removed (we suspect that it unscrews or maybe they are pressed in during manufacture?)

Hi HDP160

That style of tap has been copied and imported by about 30 different importers. There will be subtle differences between them, so parts may or may not be interchangeable.

Without the original invoice or a whole lot of luck, its going to be almost impossible to identify. You might get lucky if you hawk it round every merchant in your area, but as JTS and TB say above, its unlikely to be worth the effort.

Sorry.

you will need to get that tap head off as the spare part will be the ceramic disc valve complete and I fear that in removing the tap head (brute force of pulling it away if no screws are visible) will cause further damage. IF you've gotten this far, replacing the tap shouldn't be much more difficult

Thanks Plumbstar Tom,

Now the 64k $ question, would you guess pulling ceramic disc insert straight out or unthreading it with I assume a normal right hand thread. We have tentativly tried both but not with 100% force "yet" ..... picture 4 shows a bit more detail.

Thanks in anicipation

Kathrein, Why are you bothering with this tap ? you could have replaced it by now !! just wasting your time trying to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap identification - please help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock