Search the forum,

Discuss Tap Adaption - HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

First post guys, and perhaps a different topic (be gentle )

--

After owning a Klarstein Maischfest Boiler Mash Kettle now for over 2 months, we've decided to replace the original 1/2" tap with a wider 1" neck tap on Amazon.co.uk - THIS.

81aCXkvyWOL._SL1500_.jpg

You see, we use the Mash Kettle to make BBQ style sauces too (I know, I know). And with some of the sauces being thick, we need something that is able to let the sauce get out and not jam in the narrow 1/2" tap neck that comes fitted.

So I need your advice on getting the right fitting to make this new tap work.

I've scanned various posts and wondered if a fitting (a 'tank connector'?) similar to the image below is what I need? I need help with itemising any needed components, and links/pointers to any stores who may stock. And fitting/sealing it correctly. THANKS!

71736.jpg

Depends if the tap is the issue or the dia of the tapping for the tap but if your doing bbq sauces I don’t think the tap is the problem it’s there thickness

You would be taking a hell of a risk if you started to cut the tank around the wall is curved & tank connectors are for flat wall.
All the fittings should be food grade stainless steel not brass & rubber.
I would have a re-think unless you can go without the beer. :eek:

How thick are your sauces? I find ketchup fairly thick and have no issues squeezing that out of the 10mm hole in the cap :D. Joking aside though. I don't believe a bigger outlet will help because what you need is pressure behind the sauce to push it out your current outlet.

Have you tried taking the existing outlet out and seeing what sort, if an mechanism is inside which may be restricting it?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys. Some great advice and thoughts.
The sauce is thick - its artisan BBQ and seems to congeal or block easily.
Anyone know where I would get a stainless steel/food grade tank connector?

Easier to go / find a tig welder and weld a food grade 1” socket on

Like this

0DED0CF9-9248-419B-8F8E-A0B8C789501B.jpeg

Reply to Tap Adaption - HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Help / advice please? I have attached pics I want to fit a new basin tap. The new tap came with flexible hose. Q1. Pic 1 - the fitting into the tap is recessed - how do I screw in the hose tight enough to 'fit' ? Q2. Pic 2 - shows the current hose fitted to the copper pipe and clearly the new...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question. I have a leaking kitchen tap. I'm a bit confused on the part I need to get. On Screwfix I can see "Flomasta 1/2 inch BSP quarter turn ceramic tap glands" - are these the right parts? But I can also see 8x8mm 20-tooth spines, 9x9mm 20-Tooth Spines and others - which of these...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the manufacturers - the nearest equivalent is apparently this one: GoodHome Lazu 1 lever Mini Contemporary Basin Mono mixer Tap | DIY at B&Q -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock