Search the forum,

Discuss taking the proverbial in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richie_77

On a side note, is anyone else getting emails from "a concerned installer"?

yep i got one yesterday

Tom HL have become too big too fast unfortunately, they don't even deal wit WB sale managers anymore, they liaise direct with Steve Lister the sales director, they buy too many boilers sadly so they get red carpet treatment and 10 year warranty.

Thing is WB have consumer confidence its all i fit as the customer ask for them

Richie, unless you are WB accredited they will target your customers, could be worth a call or an email to see if they will agree to stop passing your registrations on.

Deffo.... I tried to get on there accredited installers list yesterday. There rep for the Southampton area basically told me to do one even though i installed four of there boilers last month. Apparently they have too many guys in this area.
But being his first question was how many do you think youd fit in a year. kinda feel that it was more "go away little man"

Last edited by a moderator:
stop putting them in an use another brand, then you wont lose customers and wb will eventually see sense when sales drop off. I had a chat with their rep sometime back, he didnt like my comments about his firm and their products, but I wasnt looking for any favours from him either. eventually they will learn it takes years to build a good reputation and 5 minutes to lose it.

Yeah, true.

WB have cornered the market in this country, I don't know about abroad. It's 90% of what I fit unfortunetely.

Isn't vw and merc vans expensive for no reason too pal :) but still if I were going to get new van I would still take first option VW ! Buy I am to keep my current van until I will be able to get a electric VW transporter or what ever it will be called that size van made by the expensive company VW

It's not hard to steer customers towards a boiler, at the end of the day we work on them day in day out so should be able to explain the benefits of going 'off badge' and getting a better product for less money! Granted some people insist but they are a very small minority.

I don't think the same argument applies Stan. A boiler warms water, and really, all it needs to do is be reliable and to a certain extent efficient, how it drives, how comfortable and secure it is, isn't really a huge concern.

I don't think the same argument applies Stan. A boiler warms water, and really, all it needs to do is be reliable and to a certain extent efficient, how it drives, how comfortable and secure it is, isn't really a huge concern.
That is your point of you been a trades man . You ask a van dealer and he will tell you the same !
I put it down as from customers point of view Tom

stop putting them in an use another brand, then you wont lose customers and wb will eventually see sense when sales drop off. I had a chat with their rep sometime back, he didnt like my comments about his firm and their products, but I wasnt looking for any favours from him either. eventually they will learn it takes years to build a good reputation and 5 minutes to lose it.

So too all whats your boiler of choice and why?

WB....28 CDi compact today.....32 CDi compact tomorrow, 36 CDi compact Thursday.....because I am accredited and familiar with all their features etc, and its what they ask for when I follow BG etc....

My boiler of choice has been WB mainly as I think they're smaller than comparable boilers by other manufacturers, and pretty easy to work on. They have a good reputation and on the whole are reliable.

I've fitted a few Baxi's Duotecs since Mark starting bigging them up on here a couple of years back.

I also fit a fair few Vaillants.

I don't fit much else reguarly on the gas side. I get the odd random thrown in which could be anything.

On the oil side I fit Grant, and nothing else.

My boiler of choice has been WB mainly as I think they're smaller than comparable boilers by other manufacturers, and pretty easy to work on. They have a good reputation and on the whole are reliable.

I've fitted a few Baxi's Duotecs since Mark starting bigging them up on here a couple of years back.

I also fit a fair few Vaillants.

I don't fit much else reguarly on the gas side. I get the odd random thrown in which could be anything.

Heard WB oil are pants Danny, I don't do oil so would'nt know really, just feedback etc

Im quite partial to a firebird now!
i have a warmflow at home which is fine.

firebirds have the burner in the middle, can get to all the connections without fuss.

Heard WB oil are pants Danny, I don't do oil so would'nt know really, just feedback etc

My brother fits the odd one, and hasn't got anything bad to say about them, but I just don't give people an option when I price up the oil work.

Most people are advised by the installer, and I like to stick to what I know.

On the servicing side, I've found WB to be ok, most of what counts with an oil boiler is the burner and they're all made by a different company to the one who manufacturers the boiler anyway!

I just like grant boilers, I like their customer service, and I have fitted them for years, and I'm a creature of habit!

Im quite partial to a firebird now!
i have a warmflow at home which is fine.

firebirds have the burner in the middle, can get to all the connections without fuss.

Firebirds are good boilers in my humble opinion. I had one in my old house, and the poor thing never got serviced, reguarly sucked up the dreggs of the tank, and pump cruddy sludge round the heating system. Typical plumbers house!

I put a new system in the current house, so I've taken care of the boiler from day dot.

WB....28 CDi compact today.....32 CDi compact tomorrow, 36 CDi compact Thursday.....because I am accredited and familiar with all their features etc, and its what they ask for when I follow BG etc....

This is true. If you follow a BG quote its usually a WB or Vaillant they've been quoted for, and people want a like for like quote. I usually give them one then knock a few hundred off for a logic.

This is true. If you follow a BG quote its usually a WB or Vaillant they've been quoted for, and people want a like for like quote. I usually give them one then knock a few hundred off for a logic.
Yep the ideal is great as an ace card, foot in door, never fit one, but all my Vaillaint buddies seem to be defecting to Ideal lol.....maybe that rep has summat to do with it :28:

Yep the ideal is great as an ace card, foot in door, never fit one, but all my Vaillaint buddies seem to be defecting to Ideal lol.....maybe that rep has summat to do with it :28:

Or maybe its that ideal don't send your customers letters telling them to get helplink to fit them a new boiler after 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to taking the proverbial in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock