Search the forum,

Discuss t4tskills cd disk one advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

anyone who is doing the t4t (sorry im shouting) have the pass word/codes required for each scenario please. as someone has given me a disk to review,(he didnt complete it). think its disc one.
i may report my opinion of the quality of training and advice on theese threads later for evaluation and discussion if allowed.
thanks guys.

The access code for scenario 2 is P926Q7 dont know any of the others, sorry i couldnt be more help

hey thats great many thanks for that collier, anybody else can expand ont the other scenarios please post.
thanks again.

i am begining to wonder now if there is more tham one person on this site that has actually completed t4ts or is it they havnt yet got to the completion of the training disk?.
any one got the completion codes please post so i can do a valuation of the training from an outside perspective, have already uncovered a flaw on the first scenario so you may learn????. thasnks.

great thanks for the input mike.
do you think that they are a little anoying when you have done what you supposed to have and then failed because you left the door open?.
how do you rate the scenarios and your level of skills to the task?
thnx

Yeah mate i know what you mean. To be honest i think the scenarios are sh*t. When i joined with T4TS The salesman went on, how realistic the scenarios our. On train 4 trade skills website they show you a preview of the in the virtual house environment, its looks nothing like the one you get with the package. So its all crap really. Im content with my modules (which i am very happy with!!!), and the bit of work i do here and there. The plumbing scenario CD just sits in my bag, Aint been on it for months!!

Likewise here i haven't used the scenario disk for some time now. It took several attempts for me to complete the first scenario as it wouldnt allow me to replace the lid on the cwsc along with other things. Gave up on scenario 2 after similar problems so therefore dont bother with it anymore.:mad: Im happy with the rest of the course though and the online training modules are very good.:)

hi everyone, having probs with scenario 1.. do you have to complete it to send in tma 4??? thanks.

no you don't have to complete it. After nearly going bald with the disc i email them & they said if i was unhappy with it i didn't really have to do it

thanks luciala.. where are you up to on the course and how are you finding it??

I've nearly finished the water regs which is a bit tedious but gotta be done i suppose, apart from that so far i'm quite happy with the course. Where are you at?

Just finished studying the water regs. Going to go thru it all again, over the weekend, makeing sure i'll take it all in. Planing to do my practical some time in june.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi t4t_mike, how you finding the course & which centre are you looking at going to?

You alright mate, yeah im really happy with the course. I'v been on it over a year now, doing jobs here and there for family. I diffiently chose the right course in my mind, I like the fact, if you got stuck on something, you can ring or talk to your tutor online. I don't use the plumbing scenario CD, I dont like the controls on it and everytime i give it a go, i just wonna frow my laptop out the window, dose my head in everytime. Im very pleased with the modules becasue they are no walk in the park! And im learning alot. How you finding it mate?

I be going to the guildford center. Its closer to where i live.

Mike

yeah i'm pretty much in the same boat as you, cd is a bit pants to be polite, i'll probably go to the guildford centre as well for the same reason as you. as for the modules i think once you get past the 1st couple the basic stuff about tools etc it's really good & i think i'm learning loads

hi, been on the course about 6 weeks now. i sinned up for 6129 level 2 and 3, also nvq level 2 and 3. i just sent in tma 5. finding it really good at the moment, really liked the online training with copper tubes and soldering. i found the first 3 mods easy, mod 5 is where you have to start really paying attention. been making sure its all sinking in, everytime i read it i seem to learn something new!! hope the training centre is good. do any of you how often the training courses start?? can you just tell them you finished the 3rd book and go the next week or do you have to book well in advance?? :confused::confused::confused:

Hello bcharalambous, i spoke to my tutor cos i was wondering about the same thing and he told me that you can take the practical at any time you want as they are pretty flexible and that the course is designed to fit around yourself. So you can have plenty of time to sort time off work etc.

Its good to hear how others are doing on the course, i myself am doing module 2 of the water regs training at the moment and it is quite difficult to take everything in so am making sure i study it thoroughly. I think i will be going to the leeds centre as it is the nearest one for me.

bcharalambous, which centre were you thinking of attending for the practical?

ill be going to southampton . the training centre is 10mins away from where i live, preety lucky..:D

Lucky you, i've gotta choice of either Southampton or Luton, both of which are at least 2hrs drive away from where i live!

just a little change of topic im am glad to finaly see some good comments about t4ts for a change. I also find the cd a bit pain in bum but also trying to complete as its good for the problem solveing. I have been learning a load as i thought i was a pretty good so called plumber before i took this course as worked for a maintance company as there plumber and what a wake up call ive had with the course information so far. GLAD OF THE GOOD COMMENTS KEEP IT COMING GUYS

world9563..have you attended the practical course yet?? if so how was it??:rolleyes:

Anyone else out there been on the practical course yet?
Would be great to hear from anyone who has completed their course and how they've got on since.

Hi no not attended practical side of the course ive only just finished modual 5 have you done any practical yet and whats your location maybe we can sort out same time so we can save some cost getting there etc

I haven't attended the practical training yet, i've just finished Module 7. I only live about 10 minutes away from the Southampton centre - where do you live?

Have completed senario cd to No 4 but the problem with replacing simple lids also got me MANY times!!!! Almost embedded it in the wall!!! You have to close down as many running processes (even if in the background) as possible, Ctrl,Alt,Delete.The computor processer can't handle this CD and too many other things at the same time.If retrying senarios always go and try lifting and replacing the lids first so you don't get to the end and find one won't work. If they all work first time they all work at the end.

Thanks beammeup i think i might have myself another crack at the scenarios and will bear your advice in mind, if i can just mentally prepare myself and try not to shout at the computer lol.

ive just started the t4ts couse and have entered the scenario disk and have tryed to complete the first scenario no matter what i do i keep getting crosses i have located the sourse of the problem the main stopcock have attempted to fix it have done a full mains cold water check and am still getting crosses not a seqence of ticks? giz us a clue m8 i am stuck blasted fings drivin me mad!

Basically just do your checks on everything as you go along mate apart from that it just seems that its luck whether or not it is going to work for you, me it sometimes wouldnt let me replace lids and the dodgy ballcock in the cwsc it wouldnt let me take it out most of the time. After about 30 attempts i got it right. Unfortunatley scenario 2 gets worse which is where i lost patience, good luck.

Actually i just sent a web mail to my tutor team as i just nearly launched my laptop through the window, same sort of problems again, will let you know what the reply is when i find out, i just think that the programme has more bugs in it than my garden basically.

My tutor is going to send me out a guide to scenario 2 to see if this helps still no convinced though

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, have serious problem with these people, but can't say anymore at present. Happy to give what I know. PLEASE let me know how you get on with it.
Senario 1 no code or I can't find it
2, P926Q7
3,L193C2
4,B741F7
Please note, close down as many programmes as poss' that are running in the background (Ctrl,Alt,Delete). If not, you will find that replacing a cistern lid is impossible.My advice is to remove and replace ALL lids. If this is possible, do the senario.If not ,go straight to results and this saves you going through the whole thing to just fail!! REMEMBER TO CLOSE ALL DOORS!!

PS, Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Have finished the disc!

Nice one beammeup! You're the first person in these forums that i know of to complete the scenario. Did you lose your hair completing them lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to t4tskills cd disk one advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock