Search the forum,

Discuss T4TS at ATL featherstone in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andymc

Just back from second week of plumbing training at Featherstone, had a great time, flies by because you are busy all the time, roughed out a bathroom, lifting floors, rad etc all up to isolation valves, tested it, then fitted the rad, bathroom suite and mixer shower. All the work is hands on and you just get left to get on with it, if you need any help the instructors are there to ask any time you want. Then on Friday you take eveything out and drain it all down, without dropping any water on the floor, lol.
Done Cold water systems exam, Sanitation and Water byelaws.
Week 1 exams were Health & Safety, Plumbing principles and Common plumbing processes.
I know lots of people complaining on here, but Im really enjoying it and learning lots more than i thought i would be at this stage, started buying the tools to start practising with the bending and soldering to keep it all fresh in my head.
Its a very varied group, some who seem to already be plumbers, and others with no previous experience, but the way they teach still gets everyone through it.
And everyone in my class seemed happy with it all.
Cant wait for my 3rd and 4th weeks. :D:)
And just to make sure you know as there was some confusion, 6128 is 4 weeks and 6129 is 6 weeks.

hi, i did my first two weeks in september.did you pass all the exams,had some questions in the above ground drainage that i had to guess at,not in the literature...cant get time off work until march so thats when i do weeks 3&4...i agree that the training is very good,how much water did you spill on decommissioning your bathroom,we had a laugh at that point,mop and bucket being passed around....I have got the basic kit,bender,blowtorch,etc etc ,didnt want to wait for my £200 voucher,when i get that probably buy a really good drill....
i have to re-sit the drainage exam at the end of the course...

got plenty of good drills since im a joiner, so good for some tolls, looking to get the irwin bender we used and the rothenberger torch.
Never passed the principles on 1st week (never been good at science), but passed it on 2 nd week, passed all the others first time though.
Did you have to have passed a certain module or paid x amount to book your 3rd and 4th weeks?

i was asked to book my weeks 3&4 after completing module 24, but have no holidays from work till march,i could take unpaid leave but moneys a bit tight with christmas coming up.....

2 questions.

1. Is anyone at Featherstone next week for week 3 plumbing?

2. I've no idea what ill be doing, any clues?

currently on week 10 practical for gas at featherstone. cant wait till its done. tutors at err featherstone are great on how they explain things to you . makes it so much easier. definetly a great training facilite to come to and do any plumbing quals. bring on the acs

completed my unvented cylinder through err featherstone.made up . cant wait till ive installed my first cylinder.thanks to the tutors who gave me my trainning

just completing my week 10 at featherstone i have been fitting unvented cylinder with underfloor heating which i found interesting to do. the tutors here are great if you have any problems they are there to answer them for you or point you in the right direction would happily recommend this centre if you are thinking about taking up plumbing or electrical as a job.

Yeah when I get the money together will be doing my acs through them. Tutors have been so helpful throughout my course there and they genuinely want to help you .

Has anyone done there portfolio for gas by paying a company and working on the job with the engineer. If so could you drop me what you thought about it. Just need to know if you get relevant experience working on different appliances. And you cover everything you need to.

Nearly finished weeks 3 and 4 at Featherstone and just wanted to mention how impressed I have been by the training. As part of my current job I work in colleges all over the north west especially their construction centers, and I have to say the facilities at Featherstone for plumbing and electrical are as good as can be found anywhere. The centre is inside a large industrial unit and so has lots of room to offer plenty of space to students so that no one is working on top of each other as i have seen elsewhere. The teaching staff were also very helpful during my visit with help given whenever i needed. My only critism would be the adjustable spanners are rubbish, but hey you can't have everything!

I finished my week 4 in Featherstone Centre.
The teaching staff is very helpful,
There is no problem with materials or tools to carry on tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to T4TS at ATL featherstone in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock