Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss System explanation from pipe work in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Kyle Flynn

Kyle Flynn New Member

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

pic of the boiler?

3. Kyle Flynn

Kyle Flynn New Member

I don't at the moment will get one tomorrow when back at the house

4. Kyle Flynn

Kyle Flynn New Member

The boiler is a Mynute 14e vokèra

_20190411_232041.JPG

IMG_20190411_185915.jpg

5. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

What's your issue that prompted your question.

6. Kyle Flynn

Kyle Flynn New Member

A leak under the bath which led me to having to shut the water off with the gate valve which was seized. Would just like to know the purpose of each pipe in case of a problem in the future.

7. deg

deg Member

lever valve to turn off your rads in summer for hot water only.

8. Kyle Flynn

Kyle Flynn New Member

Would my return from the rads be going into the cylinder?

9. Brambles

Brambles New Member

The system was probably originally installed to just supply hot water. At a later date, a number of radiators have have been plumbed into the system snd controlled by a single manual valve.

What I would advise that you check urgently is that the hot water cylinder thermostat and overheat cut out are fitted and working correctly.

As installed, the system will be very inefficient - but could easily be modified to provide much better control