Search the forum,

Discuss Syncron motor test /motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

happy Christmas everyone hope all well!! Off work enjoying holidays hence the question.
Please don’t laff as this may seem a silly question , when checking if the syncron motor has had its day what wires do you test for ohms in wiring centre? I know it’s 2300 ohms but just wanted to confirm the wires to test. I know it be a dead test from a safety point of view I’m just intrigued as I’d like to confirm if a customer is asking.
As I say may sound like a daft question but always learning
Thanks for your time and happy new year!!!

I have never tested for ohms Jay Jay, they either work or they don't in my experience. So if zone valve is not working (opening) it is off with the cover undo the screw/s remove the motor, turn power back on see if it turns, if not it is a quick check that it has 230V (& the Neutral is there), then fit a new motor.
If you test through them with just continuity you will find the winding have broken so you would not be able to test for ohms anyway.
You would test between the brown & blue on the zone valve lead but I would take these out of the wiring centre.

Reply to Syncron motor test /motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring return type valves. I saw an advert from the Hearken company who either make these or buy them in. The only problem they are BSP threads so adaptors are...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are designing and building cooking gas bottles with electronics controlled valves. These are for kids camping chalets. Its purely a safety feature because its kids. As you can tell, there is no big market for this product, its just to get these kids out camping. System description: So...
Replies
Views
S
Happy New Year everyone! I need a little help on figuring out what's wrong with my central heating (CH) system. I'm in a new house, and I know the system has a single motorised diverter valve for hot water and radiators (rads). Problem is almost none of my rads get hot, except for 2 or 3 that...
Replies
Views
Sam Wain
S
So, I went to this job yesterday to change over a faulty motorised valve on the hot water side of an unvented system. I drained the system, wired the new one up and fitted the new valve, this system is fed from a communal boiler in the building which might be part of the reason for the issue I...
Replies
Views
Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a separate programmer and a simple room thermostat for zone 1 and programmable thermostat for zone 2. I have purchased the Drayton Wiser 3 zone kit and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock