Search the forum,

Discuss Swept tee fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teddy2346

If you install a swept tee fitting the wrong direction of flow can this cause problems? Also is there a way of getting it out once solvent welded? Ta

yes to both questions. Answer, chop it out and start again.

Cut back and use a straight connecter to continue.
If it helps, you aren`t the first and wont be the last to do it mate!

Ther are couple of ways to it.

Obviously like said before cut back and start again if you got enough of pipe.
If there is no chance at all you still could cut the fitting with a hacksaw blade ( but o lay the fitting and only around the joint until you see the other pipe) this you will need to do on 4 spots so you can use and small old flat hat screw driver or and small chisel and knock it off.

Afterwards clean the glue up with sandpaper and make it working again.

But remember that's an example for really worse case scenario

Ther are couple of ways to it.

Obviously like said before cut back and start again if you got enough of pipe.
If there is no chance at all you still could cut the fitting with a hacksaw blade ( but o lay the fitting and only around the joint until you see the other pipe) this you will need to do on 4 spots so you can use and small old flat hat screw driver or and small chisel and knock it off.

Afterwards clean the glue up with sandpaper and make it working again.

But remember that's an example for really worse case scenario

Good luck with that! Solvent Weld joints slightly melt and weld the plastics together.

Yes it will cause problems straight away
And yes cut it out and start again or cut it and flip it 180°

We've all done it, I got distracted by the customer and glued a tee in the wrong way round,
At least the customer thought it was funny, I wasn't happy

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Swept tee fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock