Search the forum,

Discuss Sweet smell from new warmflow B90HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Mc

Hi!

I recently had a new condensing boiler installed (last month - Warmflow B90HE). I've had it set up properly by an oftec registered engineer after installation by the plumber. After being on for about half an hour or more a slight sweet smell gathers in the utility room were it is installed. I can't understand what it could be. The engineer has ran the analyser tests inside the boiler and for the atmosphere inside the room and is very happy with the readings. We also have a couple of CO alarms and thankfully no trouble there.

The plumber however seems to have used a threading compound (and thread) to attach the automatic air valve (flamco flexvent) and some other pipes on the top of the boiler. It's a yellowish substance which appears to be hardened now and has a unique smell up close when the boiler is off. Although you have to put your nose to it. The vent gets quite hot when the system is running and I'm wondering does anyone know if this could or is likely to produce the smell in question?

I'm more concerned about any potential health risks with our baby in the house although there appears to be no trace of the smell outside of the utility room.

It could be Loctite 577. Good stuff and the vapour is not harmful to my knowledge if there is a vapour from it! New boilers can often give off a strange smell for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sweet smell from new warmflow B90HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock