Search the forum,

Discuss surely theres something illegal about this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all, ive recently been at college doing my gas course CCN 1, & 4 appliances, the bloke i used to work for (i went self employed last year) has suggested that once i get my qualifications in gas i can go onto his gas safe registration as its cheaper for me that way. the thing is im not to sure thats entirely legal. can i go into a property under my company name and use a gas safe registration with my name on it but the other guys company name on it? doesnt seem right to me and i cant find any guidance on the gas safe website either.

any advice?

Cheers fellas.

If its the same as the Elec regs then i would hazard a guess at no as the answer.

One of the lads will probably clarify it when they log on. :)

I would get your own unless cards in and genuinely working for him 90% of the time, what happems when you need to notify your work or if something hits the fan legal wise? Gas Safe will let you join pro rata unlike Corgi so you get a full year whenever you join. Seems like a lot of money now,esp in current climate but once you paid for new business fee and years membership you will only have to pay yearly subs from then on. Good luck.

if you have proved your competent, you will hace a logic card.
with that logic card you personally can register with gas safe.
the gas safe registration allows you to work on gas.

if you work for a company, and they have you registered on their books, then you may work on gas unsupervised on the companies jobs only, you cannot work on your own private jobs.

gas safe require an additional payment from yourself if you wish to work on your own jobs.

i dont know where your company standsif you register and then work for a company, the best bet is to speak to gas safe, and get approval in writing before you start any gas work !!

let us know how you get on.

shaun

Cheers shaun (migoplumber)

I have sent gas safe an e-mail about this so as soon as i get the reply ill let you guys know what the answer is. :)

thanks
J

hi guys. i got a reply from Gas Safe today. my suspicions were confirmed,

Long answer short is,,, i can use the card with my name on it but hos company name on if the work is being done for his company but if i do work through my company then i must have my company registered aswell. gotta keep it legal. i had a funny feeling that was the answer i'd get.

Cheers everyone. hope this helps others with the same query, :p

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to surely theres something illegal about this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock