Search the forum,

Discuss Sundial Wiring Centre Room Thermostat Connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very old Sundial Wiring Centre box on a Y-Plan CH system. It currently does not have the room thermostat connected to it but terminal 1 and 3 in the wiring centre's room stat block are linked by a single wire as instructed in the documentation for the Sundial Wiring Centre.
However, there is an old electromechanical Honeywell room stat (I think the model number is 6935) which is presently disconnected and I want to reconnect this to the Sundial centre. It is a simple thermostat with only two wires to connect to the wiring centre.

Although the Sundial Wiring centre is supposed to make it obvious how to connect the components, I am a bit unsure about this single issue. (I am replacing the head of the three way valve which is faulty and I am confident about doing that.)

My question is, do I connect the two wires from the thermostat to terminal 1,3 in the Sundial centre, to which the single wire is presently connected?

If I had the 10-way junction box, it would not be a problem but I don't want to have to rewire the whole installation.

Many thanks for any guidance with this.

Does that stat not need a neutral to make its anticipator work?
It would work without but not very accurately

Does that stat not need a neutral to make its anticipator work?
It would work without but not very accurately
I don't think the thermostat is that sophisticated. It is about 30 years old I think and I am pretty sure that it has only every had two wires connected. I can't find any docs relating to it unfortunately.
So, assuming that it doesn't need neutral, are 1 and 3 the correct connections in the Sundial Wiring centre?

Do not assume the heating engineer / sparks has put the wires in the right terminals . We generally do , but sparks put them wherever they want lol

I don't think the thermostat is that sophisticated. It is about 30 years old I think and I am pretty sure that it has only every had two wires connected. I can't find any docs relating to it unfortunately.
So, assuming that it doesn't need neutral, are 1 and 3 the correct connections in the Sundial Wiring centre?

They did have anticipators in a lot longer than 30 years ago

I have since identified my room thermostat as a T6060. It does not appear to have an anticipator but does has a resistor to facilitate air flow through the casing when drawing power, according to the
. So in this case would I be correct in thinking that the N is redundant for my purposes?
It might be a good idea for me to replace it with a more modern digital one.

If you do have a n there / 3 core plus earth

Honeywell 6360b

I have since identified my room thermostat as a T6060. It does not appear to have an anticipator but does has a resistor to facilitate air flow through the casing when drawing power, according to the
. So in this case would I be correct in thinking that the N is redundant for my purposes?
It might be a good idea for me to replace it with a more modern digital one.

It's what we refer to them as. It is an electrical resistor device. It makes the stat more sensitive if you will. It will work without the N connected but there will be a greater gap between on and off or closing and opening. Some people notice the drop in temp because of it, some don't, it depends on your Heating installation. If the wires are in place, use them and see how well it works, it may have been disconnected because of this issue. You can always do as you suggested yourself and replace it with a modern one. Some modern ones do not require N. Make sure the voltage on the modern stat is 230V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sundial Wiring Centre Room Thermostat Connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock