Search the forum,

Discuss subjective in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

firefly

This problem is driving me round the bend.
I live mid terrace in a row of 5 cottages on a shared water supply the cottage on one side has recently had a bathroom refit and now when the new tenants have a shower there is a whooshing/humming coming through our party wall.
I have had x 2 plumbers look at their system the first one fitted a full bore valve to a pedestal basin with no effect and the second one advised some soundproofing in the cupboard where the boiler is mounted on a solid party wall, the boiler is a Glow-Worm Flexicom CX as he thought the noise could be partly down to noisy fan on boiler.
I contacted Glow_Worm and they think that it could be a mixture issue that could be controlled by the gas valve and that the readings have to be checked with C02 percentage on high and low rate.Does anyone out there have any other ideas as to what could be causing the noise either water or boiler,before I ask a 3rd plumber to look at this.

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to subjective in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hoping for some advice as I seem to be hitting a brick wall. Moved into a house last year, radiators down strairs (4 of them) never really got warm, replaced the combi boiler this year as it was loud and leaking (its in the loft which has been converted into a room). Since turning the heating...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock