Search the forum,

Discuss Subbing subbing ???..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Does anyone sub to a bigger company?
Do you have to pay a retention?
If I can be nosey what’s your day rate?

I sub and charge £210 per day

I use to sub to a bigger company on build work. Tried to price around 200 a day and yes they took a retention which I never got. Always put that on anyway or made up an extra .

Other sub work I have done was usually priced at a rate they wanted .

I use to sub to a bigger company on build work. Tried to price around 200 a day and yes they took a retention which I never got. Always put that on anyway or made up an extra .

Other sub work I have done was usually priced at a rate they wanted .
How much retention did they hold?

£220 a day for me 2.5 % retention which you will struggle to get pain the butt forever chasing payments, keep a detailed diary of each days work and extras get a day work sheet done and back up with pictures on the phone the main contractor will try a wriggle out of paying extras. Cheers kop

It’s 5% retention
Max of £1000 held at the moment.

I think I was on a 3 month , only ever got it once on contract. I did once start court proceedings against a heating company as they owed a fair whack. They got well shirty about it . Paid it then had a call from one of the bosses wanting to fight me if they saw me again lol.

You may of heard of them eaga heat

I think I was on a 3 month , only ever got it once on contract. I did once start court proceedings against a heating company as they owed a fair whack. They got well shirty about it . Paid it then had a call from one of the bosses wanting to fight me if they saw me again lol.

You may of heard of them eaga heat

Green deal heating systems ?

Reply to Subbing subbing ???..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock