Search the forum,

Discuss Subbie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bunny78

Hi All,

Any of you lads subbied for large companies?

I have a chance at some work loads of new build flats in london.
There is only me in my company I like to tread carefully as my ex boss got shafted on a job big time (I ended up self employed as a result).

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Any of you lads subbied for large companies?

I have a chance at some work loads of new build flats in london.
There is only me in my company I like to tread carefully as my ex boss got shafted on a job big time (I ended up self employed as a result).

Thanks

get terms in writing before you start is the best advice like you im in london and to be honest most of the time weve had no problems with people but it does hurt when you get shafted for money
where in london are you ?

I'm based in northeast so would be coming down to london digs etc
If the moneys right.

get yourself some kind of contract and ask if you can add the option of stage payments, after stage 1 is complete you want x ammount and so on, try not to supply to much in the way of materials. this is where you lose out. it does not hurt so much when you get knocked for a couple of weeks labour but when you have forked out x ammount on materials and they go pop it really hurts! If you are going to bring labour in just remember that you are going to end up with 10 lads wanting wages and the firm you are contracting has just gone bang. it is a difficult time at the minute so be careful and try not to get in to deep, Good luck mate

The firm is huge so I think options of going bang or minimal but I have decided to not go through with it as cashflow as everyone knows can cripple small firms invoices left on desks under another 30 etc I havent got much of a buffer to cope if that happens.

if your not interested any chance of a name of the company works so tight at the moment anything is a possibility

Pm sent m8 warning they will want a copy of public liability and copies of certs n must be cis registered n have a site safety passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Subbie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock