Search the forum,

Discuss stumped in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
This a story of my Tifell boiler here in spain , the boiler is 15 years old, never had problem in all that time.
We use about 300lt per year.
Once a year I take the front off and clean all the inside, it has had 3 nozzles in all the time.

In november I turned on the boiler, fired straight as normal, 2 hours later checked and it has gone out to lockout it seemed that the motor had gone, after taking the pump out and checked the motor was ok , the pump has seized.

Went and got a new SUNTEC oil pump and fitted it, the pump is on a two pipe system of 10mm copper, the bottom of the oil is tank s 1.5m below the boiler, the boiler is now firing.

3 hours later the boiler has locked out same thing pump sized.

Got the engineer in , his first words that's very old boiler, I went and left him,by the way this guy is english and comes recommended, after an hour it is all working.

2 hours later back to normal motor stopped, to get the pump to takes a couple of minutes with a spanner on the flat of the shaft.
Calls him back , walks through the and says it is too old to repair , here is a price for a new one 3860€
Tefell boiler are all connected fro the back with flexible, there no side tapping.

I now get a spanish engineer in , has a look and fetches a new pump from the van , fitted and working in 10 minutes, he hangs on for a hour just make sure it is ok after coffee and brandy.

After a couple of days it is back to square one seized.

A friend of mine who is a electrical engineer recons it the control box telling the solenoid to shut off with stopping the motor, fit control box works for 3 days , lockout pump seized.

I worked on boilers 30 ago when I ran a plumbing and heating company, never seen this fault before.

It run on gasoil,35sec.

Ok tell what could the problem be??

Richard:disguise:

Fairly obvious what it likely could be, - and I would also guess your boiler guys are not really up to the job.
Why you fitted a control box is bizarre.
Better you get another person in to look it over who is used to oil boilers

A retired plumber/heating engineer living the dream in spain after a long career in this business, struggling to find a decent local engineer . I say we help him out, if only to prove we are better than the spanish engineers:). We all could be his position one day!!

Clean out tank and filters

well chaps thanks for your replies, part of my problem is trying to remember I stand there looking , so my wife tells
I gather it must be fuel, the tank is buried.
I will get a new tank fitted, when I find somebody to do it.
To SimonG , someday you will be old too.

Richard

As said, there could be a blockage in the 2 pipe arrangement in the filters.
There is also a device called a Tigerloop (Swedish made) which does away with a 2 pipe arrangement. That's if it is okay to use in Spain, but I would think it is fine.
Ask some oil engineer to advise.

well chaps thanks for your replies, part of my problem is trying to remember I stand there looking , so my wife tells
I gather it must be fuel, the tank is buried.
I will get a new tank fitted, when I find somebody to do it.
To SimonG , someday you will be old too.

Richard

Old now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stumped in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for several hours before it will fire back up! Only to lock out again after 30/40 minutes! The boiler has had a new nozzle, coil and pump in the last 2...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life, currently waiting on getting on a training course, so just been relying on technical and instructions since I passed my oftec. The current boiler is a two pipe line off a tiger loop. I went to a Grant vortex boiler last week where the boiler went into...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock