Search the forum,

Discuss struggling for work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
........He passed God help us!!

God help us indeed. I went to sort out a boiler that had been install by one of these numpties, clearly just filled out the gas cert without doing any tests. gas cert said 30kw, it was an Ideal Isar 24HE!, 21Mb at the meter but only 15Mb at the boiler and the best bit was he's noted the gas fire and carried out all the test but failed to notice it was an electric fire :confused:
I spoke to our local GSR inspector about the job and he said "They are fully aware of work carried out by these guys is bad but they prefer to have them on the GSR where they can keep an eye on them rather than working illegally"

SCARY!!

It's goddam scary that these people are even allowed to take the course, let alone pass! The centre where I did mine failed 4 blokes while I was there (Mind you, one of em flooded one of the bays when he disconnected the M.C.W. feed to a combi instead of the gas!) but they did pass some right tools as well!

When I did my A.C.S. there were blokes that didn't have an ounce of practical knowledge and were expecting to be able to fit full systems by the end of the course (Paid for by govt!). When the instructor explained that it was a gas safety course and not a plumbing and heating course, 2 of em didn't bother turning up after day 2. Can't understand why they don't have some sort of minimum requirement for practical ability. Spent half an hour with a bloke showing him how to solder a joint and it just weren't sinking in that it doesn't have to glow red to get it to run! The solder was bouncing all over so I just let him get on with it........He passed God help us!!

there was no soldering on my acs,not to say other places don't ,do it,just wondering what course it was,that the punter who could not solder was on and what did he pass.

there was no soldering on my acs,not to say other places don't ,do it,just wondering what course it was,that the punter who could not solder was on and what did he pass.

One element of the exam was to remove a meter and repair a section of pipe and this bloke hadn't even seen a blowtorch so i tried to show him at lunchtime. He passed the A.C.S.(Plagued my life out during written exam, asking questions and nearly got me thrown out when I asked him politely to go away!) Dunno if he's gas safe tho

i agree i no for sure imagrants will do plumbing and gas work for peanuts

Just don't start on the immigrants are working for free thing ....

As we all here know what is the score

With the industry

Yes I am from another country , if you asking ur self !

tell me about it ,are you working for yourself /subbing or company

for myself the company i worked for went bump last april so set up on my own then could not have been a worse time lol. tesco stacking shelves looks more feasable each day lo

for myself the company i worked for went bump last april so set up on my own then could not have been a worse time lol. tesco stacking shelves looks more feasable each day lo

same here ,the company that i was working for went bump also earlier this year.bin self employed since but struggling atm

i got payed off in october last year and set up on my own aswell didnt have a choice, but i wonder how many people have done the same

i mainly have been a site plumber/pipefitter subbie but now find myself doing social housing and the stuff i am doing with my own works are jobs i would not normally consider. Its frustrating but like alot needs must as they say .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to struggling for work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock