Search the forum,

Discuss Stratagy advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sentiant

Hi everyone, ive decided to get a new set of skills as im looking for a change and as a backup if things in my industry goes t*&~ up.

Im 29 this year with a wife, morgage and dogs and am in full time employment. What i want to do is build up some skills in plumbing (recignised qualifications) while keeping my current job. The idea to do small jobs to start with in evenings/weekends to gain experiance (may get some work chucked my way by tradesman friends of mine). Ultimatly to go self employed with qualifications to back me up and experiance.

I dont want to sell up or re-locate so i need to stay in my job for the time being, and i know weekend/evening work will be rarer than weekday but i cant see any other way to do this. If anyone can tell me what qualifications to go for first and any other experiances in doing this or similar, or any general advice that would be great. Im Keen to study to do what i need, im no stranger to hard work, im not looking for a get rich quick scheme i want more skills to secure my familys future and eventualy to be able to work for myself.

Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions
:D

Hello mate, welcome to the forums :)

The qualification you should be looking for id the C&G 6129 followed by the 6089 which is your NVQ level 2. There are a number of ways in which to do this, the most cost effective and probably best method being through your local college but it will take you around 2 years to complete if only doing it part time. Another alternative is through companies such as OLCI where you can gain the qualification in as little as 4 months but this is very expensive. The choice is yours!

Hello Varley, thanks for the prompt reply. I thought the likes of OLCI was going to be the way (why is it always money eh). I think i might have to bite the bullet and go for it.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stratagy advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock