Search the forum,

Discuss strange fault with baxi solo 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi guys
ive got an odd fault with my baxi solo 2.

when its fired up its working fine...however it doesnt start on its own.

on start up, all the correct red lights come on:
boiler on
fan on ( and it is on. I can see it spinning)
pilot on.
I can hear ignition sparking but it wont ignite on its own from there.

I found , by accident, that if i undo the bottom two toggle clips from the combustion box door and lift it forward by a couple of inches , whilst the ignition is trying to light, it does ignite, all be it with a flash over.!
Boiler on light, then illuminates.
I put the cover straight back on and let it continue. All good

When its been going for 5 mins and has got hot , if i turn it off and back on, it ignites correctly and boiler will keep going properly until its swithced off and gets cold again.

I can get it going time after time using this method but cant understand why it wont fire up on its own.

so why does it need the box cover to be removed to start it?
and why, then when its hot , does it ignite properly?

any ideas would be appreciated.
cheers

Time to call a gas energy out

Also don't undo / release the clips from the box door

Reply to strange fault with baxi solo 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
Hope someone can offer some help with this issue, I have a Baxi 105e works fine no real downside, serviced looked after regularly. Have an issue with hot water, open hot water taps runs cold and indicates on boiler 60degrees or pump or pressure problem. Leave it ten seconds open taps again low...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been connected correctly), I switch the boiler on, all correct leds light up, pump starts, fan starts, pilot fires up, then it shuts down, all lights go...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock