Discuss Sticky shower valve unable to adjust temp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, I've been having a problemmilan-twin-square-concealed-shower-valve-chrome

my new house, basically what it is that
1) you need to turn the bath hot tap on for half a second for the shower to liven up
2) I can't adjust the temperature as the temp valve grates from one side to the other effort is required to move it. Could it be the cartridge is kaput?

Milan Twin Square Concealed Shower Valve - Chrome at Victorian Plumbing UK

This is the unit I've got, I don't know if it's the exact make but this is what I've got. Suggestions ?

Thankyou

Agreed I would never fit a VP shower. Terrible

When you say 'new house' do you mean new build or newly moved in to? If the former go back to the builder. If the latter then do as my esteem colleagues have suggested. Fit something decent. Sorry.

Change the thermostatic cartridge. Terrible advice from others as it’s concealed it’s a bathroom renewal job. I’m sure you could find replacement cartridges from there website. Hope that helps mate

Change the thermostatic cartridge. Terrible advice from others as it’s concealed it’s a bathroom renewal job. I’m sure you could find replacement cartridges from there website. Hope that helps mate
That's what I was thinking, it is the cartridge. I have no idea how long tye shower has been there! Or where it's from. I've got a giy coming next week to install a new bath and taps etc. I'll ask him to have a go at sorting out the shower. Whoever did install it didn't leave a lot of wiggle room for the valve behind the tile.

Terrible advice from others eh? You haven`t had much dealings with the likes of this supplier have you Jimmy?

Terrible advice from others eh? You haven`t had much dealings with the likes of this supplier have you Jimmy?
I’m Not saying it’s a great shower nor would I fit it but replacing a whole bathroom for a thermostatic cartridge failure is a bit over the top. Even if you change the cartridge every 6 months it’s still more cost effective

I’m Not saying it’s a great shower nor would I fit it but replacing a whole bathroom for a thermostatic cartridge failure is a bit over the top. Even if you change the cartridge every 6 months it’s still more cost effective
Why wouldn`t you fit one Jimmy?

There are better alternatives to be honest. You know that, I know that. I’m just trying to help the man out.

Are you going to keep trying to bait me? Lol
Just trying to see where you are coming from after being so critical of others and making it sound so easy to source a replacement cartridge for the likes of, I`m guessing more diy than pro.

Maths not your strong point? ;)

No it's not, and that is the point. No one likes continual disruption and inconvenience. Sometimes it's simply better to bite the bullet and get shot early on as failing early ultimately costs you less. That, of itself, is a great life lesson. :)

No it's not, and that is the point. No one likes continual disruption and inconvenience. Sometimes it's simply better to bite the bullet and get shot early on as failing early ultimately costs you less. That, of itself, is a great life lesson. :)

My maths is fine. I’m guessing that the cartridge is about 30 to 50 pounds.
A new replacement bathroom suite is thousands.
I know what I would do for a couple of years until the bathroom starts looking dated and her indoors fancies a change.

Reply to Sticky shower valve unable to adjust temp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back